Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up >

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Old 01-18-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
I have had the Fading Charm Quilt on my to do list for years, joining this swap has pushed it to the top of my "TO DO LIST". Have started cutting 2.5" squares from unused Jelly Roll strips and scrap strips. I am so happy to have found this swap.

These candy charms are addicting!
Old 01-18-2018, 10:59 AM

I've never seen a Fading Charm Quilt before. It has interesting possibilities from the pictures I have seen. It's called a Fading Charm Square Quilt, but it doesn't really fade. I'm thinking of something like starting in the center with darker fabric only a couple light or medium squares. With each successive band, add more mediums and whites, until you get an outside boarder that is just tan, light gray, and white. I'm going to search out more pictures of that type of quilt! Thanks for the ideas!
Old 01-18-2018, 06:09 PM

Mrshalibut, Thank You. I look forward to getting the candy package from you.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:14 PM

SheriR, from Texas to Minnesota, the snail mail definitely moves like a snail! I just received it in the mail today. Thank YOu.

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
I'm still hoping aborning receives her Bday Candy on time. I believe it was dropped in the mail Monday. Probably postmarked Tuesday.

I've done theme Bday candy groups each year too. This year it was civil war prints. In the past I've done reds, florals, hounds tooth, and kaffe fasset prints. For 2018 (YES I'm in, if I'm allowed. I really don't know my ontime/late ratio.... And December's took FOREVER to travel.) I'm using a box of fqs I ordered from a $1 sale. I'll have to supplement a few I have on hand because I swear there's denim in there. :::Note to self. Don't buy random fqs even if the price is good.::: some of them aren't pretty as fqs, BUT will be wonderful candy!

I also package all my sets in February/March, and prepare my handmade cards. It should be easy to get them off on time, but this year I miscalculated my card size and printed them ALL up before I realized I'd have to also make envelopes. Those are my nemesis for sure!
Old 01-18-2018, 06:22 PM

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to all the ladies in this group. Sorry I have been on vacation to my daughter in South Dakota to do some wedding planning and wedding dress shopping. (Yes, she found a beautiful dress for her June wedding}. Then on Sundya morning (my birthday), I drove 9 hours to a quilt retreat and am finally back home tonight. I have received the birthday packages from everyone except Red Stilettos and MrsHalibut. I saw the post from MrsHalibut that she is sending hers yet and wondering about RedStilettos. Is it lost in the mail or did a busy life happen this month for you and it's not sent yet? RedStilettos, just letting you know I haven't received it yet. Thank You ladies for all the birthday wishes and the candy. I can't wait to open them all. I think I will wait until I receive my candy packages from MrsHalibut and RedStilettos and then open them all at the same time. Cant wait to participate again in the next one.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:33 AM

A pretty pink package arrived today from CLMAY. Thank you!
Old 01-19-2018, 07:54 AM

I took the day off for my birthday, and the mail has already arrived today. I'm going to make a cup of tea, put on Netflix (I'm watching The Crown-love it!), and have a great time opening my birthday packages. Thank you, ladies!

This is the list of all that have arrived to date:

Nelco, Sunrise450, jaba, JuanitaBean, moonrise, Gaijin, Patrick’s Mom, Crispy_Frog, LuciaLPL, AnnieQuilts, Jane Quilter, Anoka Quilter, have4boys, LUM, Onaemtnest, Clmay, travelinggramma, Trish b, WMUTeach, barbarakibler23, happylab, oldcatlady, djmat, mizmelly, aborning, Rosemary Attaway, Janice McC, SheriR
Old 01-19-2018, 08:51 AM

Happy Birthday Pinkflowers!!!! I hope you have a great day. Looking forward to seeing what you make with all those sweet candy squares!!!!

Barb
Old 01-19-2018, 08:58 AM

Yeah Sheri....welcome back!

Barb

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
Yes....I'm in for 2018. (Hoping for another Candy Sewing Challenge)
Old 01-19-2018, 09:01 AM

WOW Janice I love it! makes me so happy that I will be sewing all weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!Barb

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
I want to share my ever-so-slow going candy project. There are candies from several swaps, including a couple of birthday swaps. Sorry the pic is so dark. It’s much nicer than it looks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587148[/ATTACH]
Other than the reds, there are no duplicates, I believe. The red sashings or rounds are deep reds and I’ve managed to finally use them up so it’s fairly scrappy. The next round is red, then a red/color alternating round, then a final red round. I’ve even got the binding ready to go but the quilting will be tough for me to do on my DSM. Don’t need to make that decision now. Anyway, thanks for looking.

PS. I’m already cutting for next year. I have exactly one birthday candy packet made. Woo hoo! (Celebrating small victories!)