Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New >

Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New

Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New

Old 01-05-2019, 03:20 PM

Hello Ladies. The fun packages have been arriving. (Pinkflowers, yours is going into the mail on Monday).

JENNR8R
oldcatlady
Hav4boys
givio
onaemtnest
Patrick'sMom
MizMelly
Gaijin
Jarenie
Armylady2012
Sunrise450
TravelingGramma
craziecoinnie
Janequilter
Janice McC

Thanks ladies.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:32 AM

Hi Ladies
Happy to see January birthdays are coming in. I have mine in the mail to you two. They should arrive any day now.

Pinkflowers....(post #2044) have you done a mystery quilt with merrymayhem before?

JaniceMcC.....(post #2042) thanks for posting info on the upcoming price hike at the post office. you can all go back to the post Janice put a link to all the info needed.

JaniceMcC....(post #2056) is so very smart!!!!!!!! She is cutting her squares right now for next years swap! That is a fantastic idea. I have started also and I think there are many others that have. These are the swappers who are never late. (choir of angels singing their praise). So please start your cutting now.

***** if you want to sign up for next year PLEASE let me know now. I plan on having 37 swappers like this year. I have had some people interested in joining us. I have also a few people that will not be asked back. If you have been late for more than 3 birthdays you will not be asked back. A couple of people are right on the cusp so make sure you get the last 5 birthdays on time to the birthday gals.

You can pm me or leave your desire (or not ) to join for next year here on this thread.

thanks ladies
Barb
Old 01-06-2019, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post

Pinkflowers....(post #2044) have you done a mystery quilt with merrymayhem before?
Yes! I did the Merry Mayhem New Year's quilt mystery 2017 and 2018, and had fun with them. This year my son and his wife were visiting from Florida, so I grabbed the clues and have them saved them for later.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:38 PM

Can you post a photo of what you made in the last mystery swap. I don't have time for it this year but I do like the idea of a mystery quilt.

Originally Posted by pinkflowers View Post
Yes! I did the Merry Mayhem New Year's quilt mystery 2017 and 2018, and had fun with them. This year my son and his wife were visiting from Florida, so I grabbed the clues and have them saved them for later.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:29 PM

Barb, if you desire a mystery that is not long or complicated, you can always try the Mystery Train here on the Board. I have done several of them and they take about 4 or 5 weeks, lots of room for scrappiness if desired and the directions come with photos just in case the written directions seem a little difficult.

I want to join the group again. It is now a habit or perhaps an addiction, this cutting and gathering more 2.5 in squares during my birthday month.

The January birthday gals envelopes, jumped into the Post Office mailbox this morning on the way to church. Let's see who gets their first.

Here is one of the Mystery Train quilts I made. I think I still have the direction pages or it can be searched on the Board. This on happened to use lots of 2.5 squares and I chose to do one color, greens, with a contrast of yellow to use up some scraps. (Did not make a dent in the scrap bin!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]606299[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1389-resized.jpg  

Last edited by WMUTeach; 01-06-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:17 PM

Candies received from:

JENNR8R 12/26.......... mizmelly 1/4
oldcatlady 12/26.........sunrise450 1/5
givio 12/29................JaniceMcC 1/5
hav4boys 12/31
JuanitaBean 12/31
Patrick'sMom 12/31
onaemtnest 12/31
Gaijin 1/2
Armylady2012 1/3
crazyconnie 1/3
Old 01-07-2019, 03:30 AM

My candies went out on Saturday.

Hope all is well
Old 01-07-2019, 04:36 AM

I will not be joining next year.

Thanks.
bjsmith57

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
Hi Ladies
Happy to see January birthdays are coming in. I have mine in the mail to you two. They should arrive any day now.

JaniceMcC.....(post #2042) thanks for posting info on the upcoming price hike at the post office. you can all go back to the post Janice put a link to all the info needed.

JaniceMcC....(post #2056) is so very smart!!!!!!!! She is cutting her squares right now for next years swap! That is a fantastic idea. I have started also and I think there are many others that have. These are the swappers who are never late. (choir of angels singing their praise). So please start your cutting now.

***** if you want to sign up for next year PLEASE let me know now. I plan on having 37 swappers like this year. I have had some people interested in joining us. I have also a few people that will not be asked back. If you have been late for more than 3 birthdays you will not be asked back. A couple of people are right on the cusp so make sure you get the last 5 birthdays on time to the birthday gals.

You can pm me or leave your desire (or not ) to join for next year here on this thread.

thanks ladies
Barb
Old 01-07-2019, 09:52 AM

Barb, I love the swap so I'm in for next year. Way, way in! Am halfway done with cutting, maybe a bit more. What a relaxing year the next one will be for me: Just have mark my calendar for the birthdays so I can remember to celebrate them on their day, write a couple of cards and stamp a few envelopes each month. Easy, peasy! Thanks for doing this yet again.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Barb, if you desire a mystery that is not long or complicated, you can always try the Mystery Train here on the Board. I have done several of them and they take about 4 or 5 weeks, lots of room for scrappiness if desired and the directions come with photos just in case the written directions seem a little difficult.

I want to join the group again. It is now a habit or perhaps an addiction, this cutting and gathering more 2.5 in squares during my birthday month.

The January birthday gals envelopes, jumped into the Post Office mailbox this morning on the way to church. Let's see who gets their first.

Here is one of the Mystery Train quilts I made. I think I still have the direction pages or it can be searched on the Board. This on happened to use lots of 2.5 squares and I chose to do one color, greens, with a contrast of yellow to use up some scraps. (Did not make a dent in the scrap bin!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]606299[/ATTACH]
nice Quilt Wmuteach.....also I know what you mean. I think this might be an addiction for me. I think it is a health addiction. This is the only candy I did not have to give up. As of March 2018 I have given up SUGAR because of migraines. So I count on these little sweeties.

Thanks for rejoining WMUTeach...you make #6