Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10 >

Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10

Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10

Old 11-27-2013, 05:53 AM

Bee Beatty - welcome to Boom swaps!
Boom 10 was my first and I used fabric that was dark brown with tiny orange, purple, yellow, and blue birds with green leaves. I asked people to use a color in the fabric but NOT brown. Others in my group asked for only white, some said do whatever you think looks good. Some included why the fabric was special or who the finished quilt would go to. Anything to help me pick fabrics and create a special block for you should be in the note.

I've pondered on the pictures question several have asked. I think that we should still post finished blocks to our album at least. Then the receiving party can peek if they want, and others in the group can look at the block if they need inspiration. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:59 AM

I need to see pictures to 'inspire' me! That is the fun for me! (Yes, I admit my life is a bit on the dull side lol)
Old 11-27-2013, 06:10 AM

Rosebud - thank you for the reply, good timing and very helpful! I am going create a short note using your suggestions, save on my computer untill I receive all names in my group. Then add a name to each "note card" at top in larger font. Place one with each F8', bag...then send all 15 bags with return postage to Janice. (waterproof).

I am happy to post my blocks as they are finished!

Appreciate the posts!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:19 AM

Difergi - I have seen your work my friend and know of your quilting story. I feel privileged to share my first Boom with you! Nothing dull about you my dear friend!

"Get Your Boom On"!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:51 AM

I thought I sent my info, but have not received an email back. Boo Hoo!! Crying my eyes out! Haven't done a Boom in a while and really looking forward to this one.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:26 AM

I think that I missed something. Are we not suppose to post pictures anymore of the blocks we receive or what???
I love seeing the pictures and they are an inspiration. I guess if we get them all at once then we could take a picture of the whole thing.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:29 AM

Hey Mamahauser......you are an over achiever. LOL. Wow I haven't even decided on my fabric yet. Actually, I have several in mind and it just takes a decision on my part. But they are all screaming at me...pick me, pick me, no pick me. Who to choose. sigh.
I do love getting squishies in the mail too but I also love getting one huge squishie with lots to look at.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:48 AM

Another note about the flat rate envelopes. I joined a swap where we made 6 blocks of one designs and you could make 4 sets. that meant I had 24 blocks done. There are some that allow 6 sets so you would have 36. Al these blocks fit in the flat rate envelop for the $5.60 price. It makes a very stuffed envelop. Also they were in one big plastic baggie. All went fine. So even when the blocks are finished and weigh more, it will still fit in a flat rate envelop without extra postage. Actually, thinking about it....this is less expensive then sending them individually. My darn post office wants to now charge me $2.10 per envelop because she says it is considered a package and not a letter. So I will save money doing it this new way. Anyone who has participated on the monthly blocks knows the thrill of getting a big envelop with lots of blocks.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:51 AM

golly gee, I just realized that I need to get my F8 all done now and ready to mail as I leave for Australia on Jan 12th so mine need to be to Janice before then. LOL. Darn do I go downstairs and bake my pie or do I select my material????? hmmmmmmmm. Hard choices.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:59 AM

Ok, I have oldtimmers disease. Apparently, I even confirmed my entry with McC. LOL. Can't wait to get started!!