Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10 >

Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10

Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10

Old 11-26-2013, 07:24 PM

Ladies, It's almost Thanksgiving and I'm thankful for the fact that the chatter is getting more positive! As of this evening, we've got 21 signed up and hopefully more will be joining. Have a nice evening!
Old 11-26-2013, 07:52 PM

I just want to throw a challenge out that I already cut 36 F8s so let's get on that people
Old 11-26-2013, 08:01 PM

Feeling pretty footloose and fancy free now with no student teaching huh? Too much time on your hands miss Kelly. I'm just teasing you and you already know that but had better state it for some ladies that don't know us Already signed up for the fast group, still need to cut the fabric though, maybe tomorrow, was actually able to make 1 trip to my sewing room today(in the basement) and felt like I had concurred the highest mountain Mamah-. Sciatic nerve must be getting a little better hoorah!!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:03 PM

Sorry...you all have fun. I'm out! This is not the same Boom Swap we've enjoyed all these years...its a horse of another color and I am not willing to ride this one. Too many decisions made by one person who has way too much control. So, you all have fun and I'll see you on the QB! Peace and Prayers to all....
Old 11-26-2013, 10:06 PM

Great call Janice. Looks like you are on top of things. Personally I think this will go very well and the new rules will just help with insure that all blocks are made and send in a reasonable amount of time and no one gets left out.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Ladies, It's almost Thanksgiving and I'm thankful for the fact that the chatter is getting more positive! As of this evening, we've got 21 signed up and hopefully more will be joining. Have a nice evening!
Please don't take my previous questions as negativity. With the swap being so different than before, I was/am just trying to understand all the changes. I'm sure many others are, too. This is one of the most popular swaps here on the board, if not THE most popular, and the changes were quite surprising, to put it mildly.

I'll go ahead and sign up for one small group, to see how it goes.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
I just want to throw a challenge out that I already cut 36 F8s so let's get on that people
Mine are cut AND ironed! So there! Hee hee!
Old 11-27-2013, 03:54 AM

Cutting F8s? Heavens, I haven't even thought about doing that yet or about what fabric I'm going to use. I do have some left over from the previous Boom so maybe I'll use the rest of it along with another one I'd thought about for a charity quilt. Gosh, I didn't put my own name on the list so that makes 23 now, I'll probably go for a small slow group myself so I'm not overwhelmed by stitching and the admin. (It's snowing and sleeting in GA but probably won't stick for more than 10 minutes.) Happy Thanksgiving Eve!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:40 AM

Dusting of snow here! Dreaming of the boom......can not wait. I think I have done 5 of them. Did not do last one and regretted it!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:44 AM

Let's see...day before Thanksgiving.....Hummmm? Make a third pumpkin pie? (My husband became over zealous sampling) or cut F8's for the Boom.....Hummmm ...who has room for more than one piece anyway! Heading up stairs to cut and bag! Question for all you fellow Boomers. What would you like to receive in the way of color notes?

Rookie Boomer