Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

• Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 12-18-2014, 05:41 PM

Janice - how are YOU doing? And have you shown us your fabric yet?
    Old 12-18-2014, 06:01 PM

Tg, hope your Mom is feeling better quickly
    Old 12-18-2014, 06:14 PM

Thank you Terriamn - she is 87 and a trooper. She has an unbelievable high tolerance to pain. Tonight when I asked her to take 1/2 a pain pill (RX says 1 to 2) she agreed - knew she wasn't feeling well. But doctor was very happy with it all and we will be here at her place until she kicks us out!! Have her scheduled to fly to FL in February to spend two weeks with us...AFTER my one month of sewing time!!
    Old 12-18-2014, 06:48 PM

Well, TG, that's a question without a happy answer. I'll just say I'm hanging in there, and considering everything, I'm satisfied with that. As for my fabric, well, no happy answer there either. I've not been able to work on it but you have to know I'd sooner burn in "you know where" than be late in my own swap! lol!!! I will do it, even if it is at the last second before I seal the envelopes! (This swap is one way I get to leave reality for a little bit so you can count on me to get it done in time. Promise!!!)
    Originally Posted by travelinggramma
    Janice - how are YOU doing? And have you shown us your fabric yet?
    Old 12-19-2014, 01:58 PM

Default The latest - emails sent to those from whom I haven't heard!

ArizonaKAT - Rec'd
    BeeBeatty - Rec'd
    Billi - Rec'd

Bluelady
    DiFergie - Rec'd
    Elisabrat
    Jaba - Rec'd
    Janice McC
    Joanelizbay - Rec'd
    Libster - Rec'd
    Ljdugas - Rec'd
    Moonrise - Rec'd
    NanaKathy55
    Seasaw2mch - Rec'd
    Terriamn - Rec'd
    TravelingGramma - Rec'd

Everyone who hasn't been in touch with me should have received my email about an hour ago. Please reply and let me know when you plan to ship. I suggest you do it sooner rather than later as the f8s are due in my hands on Saturday, December 27. The holidays really slow down the mail and even USPS Priority mail can take a couple of extra days. Thank you!

Last edited by Janice McC; 12-19-2014 at 02:04 PM.
    Old 12-19-2014, 03:38 PM

I love Christmas but all the preparation has really dipped into my sewing time. More like what sewing time. Finally sat down today and made my grandson a very happy bright pillowcase. It improved my temperament. Glad to have this little break b4 the swap fabric gets here. Maybe the ole back will be better by the the time Janice mails our envelopes.
    Old 12-19-2014, 08:56 PM

Ditto to that Terriamn. Recovering from tired back and shoulders here too. Trying to finish up handmade gifts this weekend. Grocery shopping next week.....no time....lots left to do....where are all my little helpers.....???? They are the people with devices in their hands and plugs in there ears......
    Old 12-20-2014, 05:23 AM

Marchers, I hope to be able to put "rec'd" next to my own name today on the list! I realize I could have said it sooner, you all wouldn't know of course, but it just isn't right until I've actually done it.

I hope everyone is getting as prepared as possible for the holidays. Us, well, we're just moving from one meal to the next, never mind thinking days ahead. Sis is feeling a bit better but now DH has a chest cold that has recurred while on a trip overseas and he's "in isolation" in our bedroom so he and sis don't meet up. (She's just had chemo and must take extra precautions.) Between them, and my two dogs and one of theirs, I feel like a wrangler. I am either wrangling people in and out of rooms or I'm wrangling 3 dogs who want to go in and out of the house every 30 seconds. Good grief! It's really kind of funny. Gotta laugh!!!
    Old 12-20-2014, 05:56 AM

Janice, mailing today sorry for the delay. thought this was due Dec. 31st and then rechecked and frantically wrote notes toeach partner, packaged the mail and once again.. did not include the money for shipping to you so I will send that out in another single mailing to you. so sorry. my brain is not all here some days. yesterday was definitely one of those days. just glad I go the fabrics sent to you hopefully on time. crossing fingers. going priority.

I am done I did clean my kitchen yesterday. used to take 45 minutes took me over 3 hours. I was dead tired. didn't even mop the floor have to do that today. wow. something is sure different! but upside is.... kitchen is CLEAN now. (ok minus that darned floor) it feels good. one less thing to do on my day off tomorrow and Monday. I can use that time to do fun things. I hope so anyways. little monkeys are coming our way and four will have some cool Moda fabric I had that I want a runner out of. Its going to be a cool swap. I love the variety of fabrics I can play with. I get tired of working on one project all the time and doing different blocks keeps my mind going. repetition for me is not my strong point so thank you in advance for helping me make a baby quilt and a table runner. both are gifts. that helps me a lot!
    Old 12-20-2014, 09:59 AM

That won't be a problem at all! just drop it in the mail when you can. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    Janice, mailing today sorry for the delay... thought this was due Dec. 31st and then rechecked and frantically wrote notes toeach partner, packaged the mail and once again.. did not include the money for shipping to you so I will send that out in another single mailing to you. so sorry. my brain is not all here some days. yesterday was definitely one of those days. just glad I go the fabrics sent to you hopefully on time. crossing fingers. going priority.