Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 01-20-2015, 04:00 PM

VERY beautiful blocks being made...LOVE mine...just got home from hospital. Darn board still wont let me post from here so Ill have to wait till I go back to work Monday. Its Janice and See's blocks. I thought I had taken pictures of them but I guess I didn't!! SOOOOOO glad to be home...not a way to "enjoy" being off but Im still glad to be home. Maybe I can start on the April group while home.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:03 PM

Oh all these blocks look wonderful! I am loving mine!
I have been AWOL and will continue to be over the next couple weeks. When I find time, I will work on the blocks, but the next couple weeks, and the last couple, have been very busy!
so, just checking, I haven't forgotten ya'lls!
Old 01-21-2015, 07:06 AM

Hey beautiful boomers good morning
I love all the pictures. You guys are all doing some amazing blocks. Elsabrat sorry about the shorted f8. I will be very happy with what ever you were able to create from it thank you.
I was going to get a few more done this week before my friends arrive on Friday for a long weekend however my oldest daughter had a different idea she needed help finishing up a quilt for her boyfriend's niece. We started it months ago but it got put away till she needed it. so the last 2 full days I've helped her instead of block building. I think she did a great job on her very first quilt. She calls it welcome to the jungle and the little sticker is a sample of wallpaper in the baby's room and was the inspiration. The colors in the quilt are more accurate than the sticker colors.
Attached Thumbnails 2015-01-21-05.23.25.jpg   2015-01-21-05.24.13.jpg  
Old 01-21-2015, 07:57 AM

Janice do you still need the fabric you requested? I emailed you what I have and would be glad to send it!
Old 01-21-2015, 08:01 AM

oh billi that looks adorable. I LOVE that backing on it. So very cute and what a great job.

I am off to do Difergie's block and another and finish up my mini wall hanging. Its a fine day when you can get things accomplished no matter how small. Its the goal of the day and that always pleases the punch out of me I hope all of you are busy whipping things up. BTW that block you did Difergie the last one shown here omg its stunning. you have no trouble picking the hardest blocks and just whipping those up. How long have you been sewing? your amazing!
Old 01-21-2015, 08:26 AM

Thanks Brat...you did my heart good. I am still learning and scared of some blocks because I am afraid they won't come out the right size��. I remember my first boom which is where I learned to make traditional blocks. I literally cried over some of the blocks and I couldn't make a point right to save my life. Some of the people in this boom were in that same boom. We have ALL gotten better. I think half the blocks were nine squares! Booms are the best way to learn and try new things. I do not think we have any newbies in this boom..if we do treat them gently-I would be appalled to show you my first boom blocks.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:34 AM

Well said Difergi....my first was horrible!! I have all the March blocks finished and packed. Ill see how much I get done on the April and hope to send them all at once. I think Ill send the last two pictures to Janice to post for me since I cant go back to work till Mon...I looked at the blocks I made and kept seeing one of them as weird...When I got home I looked at the pattern and saw I put the corner pieces on wrong ...I redid the block and will send another picture to Janice to post also!

Last edited by joanelizbay; 01-21-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:29 AM

Here's my most recent blocks.
Attached Thumbnails janciemcc.png   seasaw2mch.png   terriamn.png  
Old 01-21-2015, 10:44 AM

I am anxious to see what Terriamn does with all this wildness!!
Old 01-21-2015, 10:51 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507046[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]507045[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]507047[/ATTACH]

I'm posting a few blocks for Joan. The first is for me (yeah!), the second is a rework of TG's and the third is Joan's block for Seasaw. Very pretty!
Attached Thumbnails joan-tg-march.jpg.jpg   joan-jj-march.jpg   joan-seesaw-march.jpg.jpg