Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 03-09-2015, 07:12 AM

Billi, love your quilts, what is the name of the pattern of the first three quilts? Couldn't sleep last night, gees how unusual, got up and made one of my blocks for the monthly swap. Today's goal is take dog for a walk, add last border to baby quilt and sew binding on granddaughter's quilt. Would like to get a quilt cut out today but having a devil of a time figuring out the color placement. It's an aardvark pattern and kit, like a giant Bento block and if you look at pattern picture it is totally different then what pattern is asking for for lights and darks. Grrrr
Old 03-09-2015, 07:19 AM

Send them on! (Am off to the post office momentarily for March.)
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
if its all right with you I would like to send my april blocks to you this week.

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-09-2015 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Billi, love your quilts, what is the name of the pattern of the first three quilts? Couldn't sleep last night, gees how unusual, got up and made one of my blocks for the monthly swap. Today's goal is take dog for a walk, add last border to baby quilt and sew binding on granddaughter's quilt. Would like to get a quilt cut out today but having a devil of a time figuring out the color placement. It's an aardvark pattern and kit, like a giant Bento block and if you look at pattern picture it is totally different then what pattern is asking for for lights and darks. Grrrr
Sleep what a concept.
Terri that pattern is Road to Bali by Legacy the second one is the "proper" block setting and the first one when I made it I was just getting back in to quilting and really had no idea what I was going to do with it when it was done. When I put it together and realized how small it was and couldn't get more of the fabrics I made a few adjustments and some huge borders. The 3rd one I actually call "boulevard of broken dreams" I goofed it up so much I couldn't get the the seams lined up. I was able to make large 4 patches and sash them to create that look. The 6th one is also the same pattern that purposefully made in the same manner. Because I liked the way the other one had turned out so much.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:41 AM

Thanks Billi will have to look it up. Just about done with binding on extra long twin and my neck, arms, wrist and back are screaming ouch. Can't imagine 1 let alone 5 queen size quilts needing binding
Old 03-09-2015, 10:57 AM

Is anyone else thinking the time change forward is messing with their sleep? ALL I wanted to do yesterday was nap, then couldn't sleep last night...ugh I need a nap!
Old 03-09-2015, 12:57 PM

Don't have that problem here in Arizona. he world revolves around us and we just keep stayin the same. We don't change times.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:42 PM

The world revolves around Arizona? LOL!!! Ha, have you read online today that one quarter of Americans think the Sun revolves around the Earth...ONE QUARTER??? Those same people must think the Earth is flat, too. One Quarter, omg.
Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
Don't have that problem here in Arizona. he world revolves around us and we just keep stayin the same. We don't change times.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:19 PM

Will take me a few days to get use to the time change. You wouldn't think one hour would make that big a difference but it sure does
Old 03-09-2015, 07:09 PM

omg is right Janice. that is amazingly sad. think that was an early class in elementary school like 2nd grade. yikes. and the time change? wish I was back in AZ. I hate the time change. I do it because well I have to but do I like it? oh no I don't. and last I think we should all hold a quilting B at Billi's house and then hit the beach. yup. man how can you tease us with your lovely weather like that? we hit 60 today which was amazingly warm and this week is supposed to be in the 50's but its WY and the weather is a bit more .. winter like here so its a trick this warm weather. I had windows and doors open all the way today. it felt so good! praying I can get up at 5:30 tomorrow. I am slower than most to adjust to the change. heck took a nap at 4 today what was I thinking? woke up at 6 and thought that cant be right then I remembered.. uh no. late night for me again. sigh.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:19 PM

Ebrat, excellent idea. I'll hop a plane and meet you there. I used to live near Billi so I know the area. I'm sure Billi wouldn't mind a few guests, right Billi?
Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
and last I think we should all hold a quilting B at Billi's house and then hit the beach. yup.