Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 02-24-2015, 06:53 PM

Libster, I think your blocks from this swap are my favorite of yours so far. Will make a beautiful quilt. Glad you are biting off the UFO challenge! Its a Mother's Day deadline and fits nicely between our Booms.

DiFeri, what a perfect block to put in your "Walk around the Neighborhood' quilt story. An outhouse....not remembering too many in your neighborhood.

Really enjoyed working on the Center Block! Hoping to get the 'big block center finished up tomorrow.

Fun to see everyone's UFOs.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:01 PM

So, here I was this evening, setting up the machine I'll use for quilting and discovered the power cord is AWOL. Gone, can't find it anywhere. Two small pieces are basted, (they were meant to be practice pieces before my challenge top), I ran out in this afternoon in almost freezing temps on wet roads for some new Aurofil, got my space all cleaned up, changed to a new needle and wham! No power cord. No power cord, no quilting. I'm going to look again for a little while tomorrow morning and then if I cannot locate it, I'll be on the phone to find one or I'll be ordering at Amazon. Cannot believe the luck! Wonder if this is an omen?
Old 02-25-2015, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
So, here I was this evening, setting up the machine I'll use for quilting and discovered the power cord is AWOL. Gone, can't find it anywhere. Two small pieces are basted, (they were meant to be practice pieces before my challenge top), I ran out in this afternoon in almost freezing temps on wet roads for some new Aurofil, got my space all cleaned up, changed to a new needle and wham! No power cord. No power cord, no quilting. I'm going to look again for a little while tomorrow morning and then if I cannot locate it, I'll be on the phone to find one or I'll be ordering at Amazon. Cannot believe the luck! Wonder if this is an omen?

Sounds like my life lately ! Not an omen - just a temporary meltdown for us super-planners. When the realization comes - no power cord, I immediately blame my DH or the dog....or maybe the mailman took it! And when the new one arrives, I find the old one the same day!

Happy hunting
Old 02-25-2015, 07:08 AM

LOL Bee isn't that the way it always works? My sister died and when her husband died my nephew was cleaning out her house and wanted to know if I wanted her sewing stuff. There were bags of yarn, some fabric, an OLD singer sewing machine and a Bernina...I was so happy with the Bernina (never owning or using one but hearing how GOOD they were) so couldn't wait to try it out...Opened the case...NO Power cord. Looked around and priced them and found out they were 50-100 bucks so I haven't ordered one yet...keep using my good ole trusty Singer!! So Janice or Bea...IF you find a Bernina cord and don't need it send it my way
Old 02-25-2015, 07:20 AM

I'm laughing about the power cord. Thought I was the only one that had disappearing power cords. Bought my GD a 201 and had to fix the foot pedal/power cord combo. Got it working great. Went to the garage a couple of days later and there was NO foot pedal. I first blamed the dog (just like Bee) but realized that he would have chewed it up and spit it out. I still can't find the power cord and the wires that are remaining are in good condition. Hmmm. Looks like someone actually unscrewed the foot pedal from the wires. Why would anyone (where I live in the middle of nowhere) come into the garage and take a 1950 singer foot pedal? Who knows. I keep the garage door closed all the time now.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Snowy day here too today. Out of boredom, I've made myself another block. We're expecting another snow storm to come in tomorrow afternoon AND another one on Sunday. Good grief..enough already!! Oh well, I have two more blocks cut out, ready to put together.
If I can make myself sandwich (I hate doing this) my greatgrandson's top, I guess I'll join the UFO club with you guys. I really do need to get it finished. If I can get it sandwiched, I'll machine quilt it myself. Just something simple. I love doing the binding. Somebody wanta' give me a swift kick in the rear to get me started? LOL
Libster, here comes the kick . . .

You go girl. You're going to be snowed in for the weekend anyway. Sandwich away! you could have the quilt completed by Monday and beat us all in the challenge!
Old 02-25-2015, 08:23 AM

I took my machine in for servicing and when I got it back i couldn't find the power cord. So I called the serviceman and kindly told him i difdn't get the cord back when I picked up my machine. To which he politely reminded me, my cord is retractable and was in my foot! Yes, I was embarrassed.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:24 AM

Oh Difegie how embarrassing bet your face was mighty red

Janice sure hope you can find your cord. My serger cord is AWOL, I use it so rarely that have no idea where to even stRt to look forbit
Old 02-25-2015, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
Libster, here comes the kick . . .

You go girl. You're going to be snowed in for the weekend anyway. Sandwich away! you could have the quilt completed by Monday and beat us all in the challenge!

I'm trying so hard to convince myself to get off my rear and just DO IT! Once that part's done, I love the rest.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:59 PM

I have been sooooo side tracked from my challenge quilt w/ starting a La Pass. Here is what I have so far on the La Pass
And not only is it distracting me from my challenge ufo, but also an URR quilt I am suppose to be working on.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0594.jpg