Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 02-26-2015, 07:42 AM

Blue Lady,

Awesome block. Thank you!

KAT
Old 02-26-2015, 07:43 AM

OK, my heart skipped a couple of beats! I'm sorting everyone's March blocks into the proper envelopes for mailing and discovered that one person in both groups had mixed up blocks between the groups. When I did the original count, both packages came out to 15 so I checked no further. Oops, count was right but they were in the wrong envelopes. Anyway, it's straightened out thanks mostly to the fact that almost everyone put their name and the block owner's name on every package so it made short work. Thanks! That's really important!!! Also, if you are in multiple groups, always separate both groups into their own group ziplock-type baggie. Don't put one group in a ziplock baggie and put the other blocks loose inside the mailing envelope. It's much better to have both groups in their own large, ziplock-type bag.

Thanks again for being on the ball when labeling each package. BIG HELP!!!
Old 02-26-2015, 05:50 PM

Woo hoo! All blocks I've received have been sorted and put in proper mailing envelopes! Getting close ladies!
Old 02-26-2015, 05:55 PM

Yeah Janice
Old 02-27-2015, 09:46 AM

Here's my final block for Bee. I was worried it was too cutesy or not right but Bee likes it. Whew!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511827[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]511828[/ATTACH]

Bee has a much loved dog named Holly who has been a good friend for many years and her mom loves Holly. As soon as I found that out, I knew I had to make a dog. It was a great challenge, but it was a lot of fun once I tossed out my worry about doing things the "right" way. The nose is (imperfectly) stuffed and needle-turned applique. The eyes are these old, old shank buttons from my MIL and they shine as they move. And the "tag" is another fun shank button. But the ears are what I really love, attached only at the top and floppy, and they are peach underneath. ( I should also say that I found a pic of a dog block I liked online and used it as a basis for my block. The original was pp'd but as this is not my strength, I modified it so this is not an original design.)

Here's something I almost never say, I'm proud of this block. It's far from perfect but it was put together with so much love and fun. Yup, the word is proud.
Attached Thumbnails 001-copy.jpg   005-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-27-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:43 AM

That is adorable! You should be proud.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:29 AM

Oh how gang cute is that, it's adorable Janice. Way to think out of the box
Old 02-27-2015, 11:57 AM

Oh Janice - I love it - wish it were mine!! Individuality - that is what it is all about. No rules, just pride in what we make. I may never win an award , but I do the best I can.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:00 PM

Good Morning Boomers!

I wish I could find the words that would accurately describe the joy I have experienced today! First, all my siblings (there are five of us - I am the oldest) arrived here yesterday afternoon to spend time 4 days visiting Mom and offering support for her care giving. Last night, we had so much fun remembering the events of growing up - eating laughing and talking until late. I went to bed feeling blessed. They had stopped over to see Mom earlier.

Holly, our golden retriever sat up with us and I mean sat up.....her butt on the floor and ears propped up as though she understood every word.

This morning I started my day as always....first make coffee......then wash face...brush teeth....take medicine....and look at I-pad to see what happened in the world while I was sleeping. When I checked my e-mail, there was Holly sitting looking at me...the block was so precious that it brought me to tears! And the floppy ears reminded me of how she "raises" her ears when she instinctively becomes engaged in the conversation. Janice had captured her "persona" without ever seeing her. I loved it immediately! It was exactly how it should be.....authentic expression from the hand of the creator. One-day I too, may be sitting on the porch not sure of where I am or how i got there.....but I know one thing - I will always remember this block and the person who made it.

Thank you all for the blocks you made. They are each perfect because they are authentic. I can't wait to see them all together!. What a beautiful quilt it will be.

Janice, I hope you get outside that box more often......it just may be where you are at your absolute best!

Love Bee

Last edited by Bee Beatty; 02-27-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:38 PM

Janice, what a perfect dog block! WOW- you did a great job with it. Doesn't it make you feel good when you finish something that you just know is going to be loved?