Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 03-10-2015, 09:25 AM

Love the quilt and your babies. Mailing off 10 charity quilts and backing to an angel that will quilt them and deliver to the rep for Quilts or children without borders. I can never R ember the name. Can't even see a dent where the backing fabric was taken from
Old 03-10-2015, 10:02 AM

Well, I can host a retreat too at our cabin. Of course, you've got to love mosquitoes and heat if it's summer since it's middle Georgia. And we have no phone or tv, a plus if you ask me. Also, we're a couple of hundred yards from a lake and we've got a small boat. Of course it would take me a month to back it down the ramp so let's ditch that idea. Oh, but there's only one bed but lots of floor space for sleeping bags. And, um, we have the occasional scorpion and not so occasional wasp. (How do those get in???) And the roof leaks when it monsoons which is more frequently than you would think. But it's a darling cabin!!! All are welcome!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513140[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
I'm up for a retreat!

My place will be prefect . . . as soon as I find a place. Plan on it being in the country. Terri, I'll spray the place down for mosquitoes.

KAT
Attached Thumbnails 033-copy-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-10-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:06 AM

That's lovely Terri! Did you make all the quilt tops yourself or is it a group effort?
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Love the quilt and your babies. Mailing off 10 charity quilts and backing to an angel that will quilt them and deliver to the rep for Quilts or children without borders. I can never R ember the name. Can't even see a dent where the backing fabric was taken from
Old 03-10-2015, 10:13 AM

Awe Kat cute pups and great quilt I can't wait to see the finished product. I am currently at the laundry mat washing my finished quilts since I do not prewash and they are predominantly batiks they bleed a lot so I need the big washers that use lots of water ��. . Didn't do to bad I only had to put one of them through twice.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Well, I can host a retreat too at our cabin. Of course, you've got to love mosquitoes and heat if it's summer since it's middle Georgia. And we have no phone or tv, a plus if you ask me. Also, we're a couple of hundred yards from a lake and we've got a small boat. Of course it would take me a month to back it down the ramp so let's ditch that idea. Oh, but there's only one bed but lots of floor space for sleeping bags. And, um, we have the occasional scorpion and not so occasional wasp. (How do those get in???) And the roof leaks when it monsoons which is more frequently than you would think. But it's a darling cabin!!! All are welcome!!!

I have the perfect spray for scorpions. Spray the doorways and they don't make it 3 feet into the house without croaking. Love the stuff.

As for the boat. Had one and backed it onto the ramp a few times . . .

KAT
Old 03-10-2015, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post

I'm game :-) I'm not very good at backing the trailer down the ramp but I can drive the boat. That cabin is way too darling to pass on.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:41 AM

My husband backs it down like a champ, like he drives in reverse all day, and this is one narrow ramp on an incline. Not me!

What's the spray? Might give it a try.

Edited: for some reason, I suspect that the packages, 8 of them at least, didn't make it out of the local po until today, despite what I was told this morning. Libster's pkg has just started tracking and it shows that it was only "accepted"d today. They were all there yesterday, long before the last pick-up. Hmmm. So now that leaves 7 not tracking.

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
I have the perfect spray for scorpions. Spray the doorways and they don't make it 3 feet into the house without croaking. Love the stuff.

As for the boat. Had one and backed it onto the ramp a few times . . .

KAT

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-10-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:36 PM

Oh I would love to go on a retreat - and even do some quilting there!! WE could all bring our UFOs - or some of them anyway! What fun!! I'll bring the Gin.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:51 PM

Janice that is a might fancy cabin, love all the windows. I can't back up a boat to save my soul, dh has finally given up trying to show me. If boat has a steering wheel I'm fine but if I havevto steer with handle on the morning we would all go around and around in circles all day.

i did all the charity tops, nothing fancy but will be loved.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:09 PM

Believe me Terri, it's not that fancy but I do love it. (Those windows leak like a sieve and the poor birds hit them on a regular basis despite the reflective stickers we have all over them!) I can steer the boat, no problem, but I still am looking for a backer-upper person to attend the retreat if we want to boat!

Mailing latest: Spoke with the PO station manager and he said that it appears that the batch of packages were NOT scanned upon receipt as they should have been and that they are in fact in transit. He said they will be scanned again at their next stop so they'll be picked up in the "system" then. (I'm starting to hate that word "system".) I'm to call again tomorrow at 11 am and he will personally go through every tracking # I have to check the status if they haven't shown up yet in...you know it's coming...the system. Ah, they joys of admin!!!

Did you all at least get your tracking #'s? They should have come on Sunday night.

Edited: I just sent them all out. Terri and Difergie should have gotten yours already on Monday directly from me.

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Janice that is a might fancy cabin, love all the windows. I can't back up a boat to save my soul, dh has finally given up trying to show me. If boat has a steering wheel I'm fine but if I havevto steer with handle on the morning we would all go around and around in circles all day.

i did all the charity tops, nothing fancy but will be loved.

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-10-2015 at 01:25 PM. Reason: tracking info