Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 05-11-2016, 04:15 AM

It's been a crazy couple of weeks hope to get back to showing this weekend. I'm looking 4 a new job and taking up a lot of my extra time
Old 05-11-2016, 04:25 AM

Ok, so I didn't meet my goal to mail on Monday because on Sunday evening I tore one block apart to start over. It was just too small. Like 12 1/4" and I tried to make it bigger & it totally looked like I tried to make it bigger. The problem wasn't the fat eighth because I had received extra from a kind soul who had some to spare. The problem was the piece from my own stash wasn't big enough. Lesson learned-a fat eighth & a 10 1/2" square does not a 12 1/2" block make. At least in my case it didn't so, I decided to go back to the beginning & be reinspired.

So I'm sorry Janice, I'm changing my block for GrandmaDi. Now I can go to the Post Office!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]549750[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 05-11-2016, 04:40 AM

Love this block, what is the name and where can I find it?
Old 05-11-2016, 04:46 AM

GramE, I love that block.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Ok, so I didn't meet my goal to mail on Monday because on Sunday evening I tore one block apart to start over. It was just too small. Like 12 1/4" and I tried to make it bigger & it totally looked like I tried to make it bigger. The problem wasn't the fat eighth because I had received extra from a kind soul who had some to spare. The problem was the piece from my own stash wasn't big enough. Lesson learned-a fat eighth & a 10 1/2" square does not a 12 1/2" block make. At least in my case it didn't so, I decided to go back to the beginning & be reinspired.

So I'm sorry Janice, I'm changing my block for GrandmaDi. Now I can go to the Post Office!

Mona, it is another Inklingo block. The 9"Star. Inklingo.com. It allows you to print cutting & sewing lines on the back of your fabric with your computer printer. I've been using it for two years & I love it. I can't always machine sew and she has free apps that I use a lot. I'm finishing up one now. Plus she had the Passaglia & so much more. here's my top from here free side.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 05-11-2016, 05:52 AM

And for the record, I don't work for or get any stipend from Inklingo. But it has added so much to my life. I'm confined to home & bedrest a whole lot & having a project I can work on from my recliner is magnificent! I print, then cut & sew without ever getting up out of my chair! Then when I get my squares done & I have some days at the machine, a top comes together pretty quickly. The first project I did was 28 mug rugs with the LeMoyne star. Hoping to start a Passaglia into the fall. We'll see. But Kassaundra is teasing me and keeping it front & center in my mind. But my son reminded me on Sunday that I had committed to starting a teen sewing club & I will be teaching them hand sewing with the stars from the free side of Inklingo. That starts maybe instead the fall. Waiting on a building project to finish for space to have 1/2 dozen girls & me together. I can't get any "old" ladies interested in hand sewing so I'm gonna start younger.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:00 AM

Gee, Jane. I suppose I'm too far out from having had young children that I cannot spot a puzzle piece easily. Nice block!
Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
Here's my block for Jaba:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]549567[/ATTACH]

I finished GramE's block - just need to clean up the back & remove the paper. Will post a pic soon.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:02 AM

Zero problem. You are WAY ahead of schedule!

...So I'm sorry Janice, I'm changing my block for GrandmaDi. Now I can go to the Post Office!

Old 05-11-2016, 08:12 AM

Geez, GramE, I'd sew with you! I haven't done much hand piecing but it was very enjoyable. I've been looking at the Inklingo site and might just give it a try. I've got a lot of plans: learning to pp, starting a new two color quilt, working on UFOs and suddenly yesterday I started a little Dresden piece. I'm not sure when i'll get to inklingo but it's on my mind and I will give it a go. I'll email you about it for tips when I start. You're clearly an expert.
And for the record, I don't work for or get any stipend from Inklingo. But it has added so much to my life. I'm confined to home & bedrest a whole lot & having a project I can work on from my recliner is magnificent! I print, then cut & sew without ever getting up out of my chair! Then when I get my squares done & I have some days at the machine, a top comes together pretty quickly. The first project I did was 28 mug rugs with the LeMoyne star. Hoping to start a Passaglia into the fall. We'll see. But Kassaundra is teasing me and keeping it front & center in my mind. But my son reminded me on Sunday that I had committed to starting a teen sewing club & I will be teaching them hand sewing with the stars from the free side of Inklingo. That starts maybe instead the fall. Waiting on a building project to finish for space to have 1/2 dozen girls & me together. I can't get any "old" ladies interested in hand sewing so I'm gonna start younger.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Gee, Jane. I suppose I'm too far out from having had young children that I cannot spot a puzzle piece easily. Nice block!
I love the Pebbles & BamBam fabric. But I did some searching & this red one is no longer available. Gonna be such a great baby quilt!