Boom 17 - OPAL

Old 08-16-2016, 03:14 PM

I don't have a "go cutter" but I make circles by cutting a paper circle the size I want, using a dot of Elmer's glue stick in the center to secure it to the fabric, cut around the circle giving myself whatever seam allowance I want, clipping it to about 1/8 inch from the paper (putting little slices almost to the paper to make tabs) then folding over the paper and pressing the bejeesus out of it using a tiny dot of glue if needed if any tabs won't stay down. Let cool completely then remove paper, use a little glue stick to secure the tabs to the circle back while pressing. Viola perfect circle ready to sew (machine straight stitch the edge is how I secure) down.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I don't have a "go cutter" but I make circles by cutting a paper circle the size I want, using a dot of Elmer's glue stick in the center to secure it to the fabric, cut around the circle giving myself whatever seam allowance I want, clipping it to about 1/8 inch from the paper (putting little slices almost to the paper to make tabs) then folding over the paper and pressing the bejeesus out of it using a tiny dot of glue if needed if any tabs won't stay down. Let cool completely then remove paper, use a little glue stick to secure the tabs to the circle back while pressing. Viola perfect circle ready to sew (machine straight stitch the edge is how I secure) down.
I do this too for a reverse circle. I save the cardboard from cereal boxes. They aren't too stiff but a little more resistance than plain paper.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Billi smart to get ahead instead of running behind like I usually am. I do have the accuqqilt go but the circle maker I use the most is a ruler with multiple markings. You mark half, swing the ruler around and Mark other half. Will check out what size the Go circles are
Teri, good news about your brother in law! Pray all goes really well for him.

I have the Go Cutter circle die and it cuts 2", 3" and 5" on the one die. Silly me, I didn't even realize til after I bought it that they made it for making YOYOS! I bought it for circle appliques. Glad to know I can do some easy yoyos with it too, tho.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

Billi, what size circles do you need? I would be happy to cut your circles for you if you need 2, 3 or 5"... just send me fabric. PM me if that will work for you.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
I do this too for a reverse circle. I save the cardboard from cereal boxes. They aren't too stiff but a little more resistance than plain paper.
I use it both ways to make the actual circle, and to make the circle hole to put the circle in the square, like the sun block I just made.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:16 PM

I have a picture to post of my first block. Can one of you sweet ladies please help me figure out how to resize the photo so it is not so big when I post it to this site. Thank you
Old 08-16-2016, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Billi, what size circles do you need? I would be happy to cut your circles for you if you need 2, 3 or 5"... just send me fabric. PM me if that will work for you.
Thank you so much for the offer I also have those sizes 3.5" is just to small 4" would be perfect 4.5 is doable 5 is way to big.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:31 PM

I can try. How do you normally take pix? Camera then upload to the computer? Cell phone? Some other method?
Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
I have a picture to post of my first block. Can one of you sweet ladies please help me figure out how to resize the photo so it is not so big when I post it to this site. Thank you
Old 08-16-2016, 05:49 PM

Thanks SewBiz we are feeling positive and praying for good news
Old 08-16-2016, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

To reduce the size of my photos I right click on the photo from the "browse" feature, and a menu comes up. Scroll down to "resize photo" and then click on "small". Small always uploads fine for me.

Today I played with Libster's fabric. In the doubling up I got two of Libster's blocks to make. I tried to make them look as different as possible, with different fabrics. Hope you like them, Libster.

Boxy Squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]556066[/ATTACH]

Card Trick (this block looks Hawaiian to me!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]556067[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc02723-small-.jpg   dsc02724-small-.jpg