Boom 17 - OPAL

Old 08-26-2016, 08:22 AM

And one more for Sewbiz and I'm off to the lake for at least a week I hope. Beautiful cool day just hoping the wasps and hornets aren't out in force. Last weekend dh leaned over the recycling bin and one stung him right on the ole fanny. He wasn't a happy camper

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556922[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 08-26-2016, 10:31 AM

Hope he doesn't need an Epi Pen for what Ive been hearing on the news!! I love that new to you block!!
Old 08-26-2016, 10:46 AM

Nice new block, Terriamn. The blue was a good choice.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Sew biz this is pavers, a new to me block

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556921[/ATTACH]
Old 08-26-2016, 10:51 AM

Enjoy your time at the lake. Daydream about f8s as you relax! And ouch, poor DH. ☹️
And one more for Sewbiz and I'm off to the lake for at least a week I hope. Beautiful cool day just hoping the wasps and hornets aren't out in force. Last weekend dh leaned over the recycling bin and one stung him right on the ole fanny. He wasn't a happy camper

Old 08-26-2016, 12:09 PM

have a great time! Beautiful blocks.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:16 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556950[/ATTACH]

This is one is Billi's. Looks cattywompas in the pic but not in person.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 08-26-2016, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Squeeee! I wanna keep this block! LOL! It's one of those that practically put itself together. The fish screamed "batik" to me, so I poked around in my batiks. Aha! I found some nifty "ocean wave" fabric that I'd been saving for something special! Then I found some green batik that I'd originally considered somewhat beauty-challenged, but I looked at it more closely and hey! It's seaweed! Hope you like the little ocean scene, Joanelizbay! This one was so much fun to make.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556805[/ATTACH]
This block is so cute, love it.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Wow, wild ride here last night. Power went out around 5. 10 miles to the south of us the had 9 tornadoes touchdown. Devastating damage. Starbucks Coffe shop flattened. Strip mall & enclosed Mall in same parking lot minimal damage. Tornado sirens going off from 2 until about 7 or so, maddening when you have no power. & we aren't hip enough to have smart phones.

But at 10:30 I was hand sewing one of my blocks by flashlight. Hey, pioneers did it. Had to charge my phone sitting in running car so someone could call me if I needed to head to the bathtub. But 10 hr power outage was the worst we suffered. Bad part about DH working overnight. Dogs are not very good company in the dark or in a storm!

My son was here because I had made them some supper & his wife called frantic because the sirens were going off. They live 10 miles north of us. He said I'm listening to the tv & my phone is getting updates it is just a warning. She said (and I could hear her panicked voice shouting to him) why is everyone coming out into their yards instead of into a safe place. He had to laugh & said, well that's what they do, they come out to check the weather for themselves. She's from East Chicago, I guess they don't do that there. But he got home safe with chicken & dumplings & cupcakes! Maybe I can sew by daylight today. Or even machine since the power is back on.

Gratefully no deaths or serious injuries reported from all the storms, just a LOT of property damage. Many corn fields totally flattened!

And everyone's blocks are gorgeous!
So glad you and your family are safe. Thank God.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces View Post
Lstew2212 - PM is not my friend. It will not let me send a photo. Can you see the print with your fabric? Do you like it or would you prefer a more solid reading fabric?
Cheers![ATTACH=CONFIG]556840[/ATTACH]
I like both fabrics, but I think for my vision I like the solid or tone on tone fabric. Thanks for asking.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
This is a Hawaiian wall quilt I am needleturn appliqueing. Thought I would share what I'm doing while you all make pretty blocks...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556849[/ATTACH]
Wow, beautiful quilt. Hawaiian quilt is on my bucket list of quilts to make.