Boom 17 - OPAL

Old 08-26-2016, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Oh somehow I missed the next page with my second block by Teriamn! Love it too. I can't wait to see all my blocks put together.

Daughter is having me drink some wine. We just lost my husband's sister today. Quite a shock, although she's battled several different horrible cancers for years. It finally took her. She and I are the same age...60. She had a major surgery removing cancer and cancerous organs (anything she could live without) just a few months ago, and the big tumor had already grown back. They started chemo and radiation to shrink it, but her frail little body just couldn't take it. All her life she was a bigger lady, but she was down to about 80 lbs! So sad, especially for my husband. They were just 10 months apart and very close. Like twins!
I'm so sorry for your family's loss. My brother and I are 10.5 months apart and can't imagine what your husband is going through.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Didnt think I would get to sew but grandson isnt here yet so finished this one for Jaba after work. I LOVE that fabric of yours Jaba!!Not sure where I got that white solid but I DO NOT care for it...it must have poly in it or something...It "curls" on the corners!
I LOVE this block!
Old 08-26-2016, 04:27 PM

Oh somehow I missed the next page with my second block by Teriamn! Love it too. I can't wait to see all my blocks put together.

Daughter is having me drink some wine. We just lost my husband's sister today. Quite a shock, although she's battled several different horrible cancers for years. It finally took her. She and I are the same age...60. She had a major surgery removing cancer and cancerous organs (anything she could live without) just a few months ago, and the big tumor had already grown back. They started chemo and radiation to shrink it, but her frail little body just couldn't take it. All her life she was a bigger lady, but she was down to about 80 lbs! So sad, especially for my husband. They were just 10 months apart and very close. Like twins!

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hate that C word. It's taken all of my family. Someday...someday....may there be a cure. ((((((Hugs))))))
Old 08-26-2016, 04:30 PM

Here's the block I made for GramE tonight. It's "Mississippi". I literally had just a few threads left of your focus fabric.
Attached Thumbnails 101_0188-2-.jpg  
Old 08-26-2016, 04:30 PM

I am so sorry for your loss SewBiz. Have a glass or 2 of wine and remember her laughter and the joy she brought to your family.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:36 PM

SewBiz sorry about your sister in law sending hugs and prayers
Old 08-26-2016, 05:01 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]556979[/ATTACH]

Patiences corners for all2pieces
Attached Thumbnails all2pieces-patiences-corners.jpg  
Old 08-26-2016, 05:15 PM

sewbizgirl, sending loving thoughts to you and your hubby. Just try and remember she is in a much better place and out of earthly pain. So sorry for your loss!
Joan it will be just fine, I'll sew those corners right down. Love the look of the block, thank you!
Old 08-26-2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Here's the block I made for GramE tonight. It's "Mississippi". I literally had just a few threads left of your focus fabric.
Gorgeous. Oh, wait, I think I already used that superlative today. Gonna have to check out the Thesaurus for new words for splendiferous!
Old 08-26-2016, 05:27 PM

So sorry for the loss your family has suffered. 60 is young these days. Will be praying for your family as you journey through these coming days.