BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Old 07-15-2016, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Joan ... how old is the grandson this will be for? I don't want to put a shark eating a person (kidding... well maybe?) on it and have him freak out....but if he's over 10 he'd think it was cool.
lol -- I like the way you think. July 4 just came and went and the mandatory watching of Jaws happened at my house.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Well here it is the finished block, not quite a girl reading or a butterfly, or even a fish, however it is an aquatic animal. Hope you like it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]553954[/ATTACH]
Precious!!! Makes me want to hang out at the turtle beach at Akumal on the Yucatan peninsula! Did you design this block? If so, double precious!
Old 07-15-2016, 07:39 AM

It didn't quote but this is in response to Ibex's question. I saw a picture of this block, but there were no directions, so I drew up how I thought it would / could work, so I drew a pattern, but did not come up w/ the original idea.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:48 AM

Hes 11. They go to Panama City Beach each year and this year got to swim with dolphins. Any kind of fish...he loves sharks, stingrays, turtles...etc. Maybe NOT eating a kid though LOL
Old 07-15-2016, 08:53 AM

Kass, if you drew up a pattern just by looking at a picture, I'd say that's an original pattern. Turtles have been here since the beginning so nobody can copyright them IMHO. Repeating...Girl, you are good!
Old 07-15-2016, 11:14 AM

Well getting into the fabric proved to be a little more difficult then I though because it's been packed up so long but I was finally able to get into some of my fat quarters totes. I decide to use these instead of having to wrestle with cutting long pieces of fabric. I still can't stand up without a walker, so balancing and cutting isn't happening yet. It's a slow process but I keep working on that. How people cut fabric while sitting is beyond me!!! I'm not that coordinated yet. LOL

So here are my fabrics. Yes they all compliment each other and I think they will make a very pretty quit. I'm not sure what I will do to tie them all together but if you look at them as a unit they tie into each other in some way. So my instructions, as usual, is to have as much fun as you can and create something you feel comfortable with. Everyone gets a different fabric and no 2 blocks will have the same colors.

Maybe I can call it a rainbow quilt????
Attached Thumbnails boom17fabrics.jpg  

Last edited by seasaw2mch; 07-15-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:31 AM

Wow...all of them are beautiful!! I esp like the greens and golds!! Hope you get better quickly so you can join us again and again!!
Old 07-15-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
Well getting into the fabric proved to be a little more difficult then I though because it's been packed up so long but I was finally able to get into some of my fat quarters totes. I decide to use these instead of having to wrestle with cutting long pieces of fabric. I still can't stand up without a walker, so balancing and cutting isn't happening yet. It's a slow process but I keep working on that. How people cut fabric while sitting is beyond me!!! I'm not that coordinated yet. LOL

So here are my fabrics. Yes they all compliment each other and I think they will make a very pretty quit. I'm not sure what I will do to tie them all together but if you look at them as a unit they tie into each other in some way. So my instructions, as usual, is to have as much fun as you can and create something you feel comfortable with. Everyone gets a different fabric and no 2 blocks will have the same colors.

Seesaw, would you like a unified background color to pull them all together?
Old 07-15-2016, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post

Pretty, there are several I like and one I really hope I get.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Pretty, there are several I like and one I really hope I get.

I'll arm wrestle you Kass because we probably want the same ones

BTW your turtle is really awesome how you turned a Picasso style butterfly into a lifelike turtle is pretty much magic.