BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Old 07-14-2016, 04:30 PM

Hand piecing is just dandy w/ me, especially applique, since it is my least favorite to do myself.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:48 PM

Seesaw, I am fine with whatever works for you. Here is my fabric. Some people will get an f8 of the solid and a smaller print and some will get an f8 of the print and a smaller solid. I am asking for white or wow only. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 07-14-2016, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I'm in both groups so each group will get a different fabric. I put notes in each baggie as to color requests. For the black one I'd like you to use either a lavender or rose in solids or tone on tone, white if you need another color. I asked for you not to use yellow as I'm not a fan and I have a matching green that I will use for setting. The other I asked that you match the colors in the fabric with solid or tone on tones.
So which fabric for the 3 month group?
Old 07-14-2016, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
Well ladies it's been a long time but I want to play too. I still have medical issues and haven't sewn anything in over a year but I want to try. I'm sure the 2 month group would be pushing it a bit more then I can do right now so I'm asking to join just the 3 month group this time. I sent a message to Janice a few minutes ago.

I may not be able to do a lot of sewing on the machine yet, but would it bother anyone if I did some by hand if using the machine became a problem? I'm thinking that the worst case would be me doing hand applique onto a 12 1/2" square block piece but I want to be sure everyone would be OK with that before I sign up.
i did some of mine by hand sewing last boom. I am on bed rest occasionally & it can get boring. I did the center and maybe the kites (I can't remember) of this square by hand stitching.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 07-14-2016, 05:13 PM

SO good to see you again sew...my note says "anything'...have fun with my fabric....Yeah..one block done already..thanks!! I dont care if it doesnt have any of my fabric in it..im anxious to see anything fishy! LOVE those blues you all picked! Cant tell the green is hand done Gram..its beautiful!

Jaba I LOVE that black....its so pretty!!
Old 07-14-2016, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
This might be mean but ........................ can you tell what this is ????
Is it the beginning of a block to look like your avatar?
Old 07-14-2016, 05:21 PM

Hi Francie and Ibex and as a reminder to all, before you post pix, please shrink them down to about 200 KB or smaller. It's not much of an issue right now, but when we start having a lot of block pix posted, the thread will load poorly with such big files. Francie, if you aren't familiar with how to do it, there are several ways so just let us know what you are using to post (laptop, iPhone or whatever) and we might be able to help. Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
OK will try this...here are my fabrics....would like white or wow with them....and the bigger scraps back. Please. loading pics is tricky
Old 07-14-2016, 05:24 PM

Seasaw, you already know what I think about it Good to have you back. Check your email please!

Well ladies it's been a long time but I want to play too. I still have medical issues and haven't sewn anything in over a year but I want to try. I'm sure the 2 month group would be pushing it a bit more then I can do right now so I'm asking to join just the 3 month group this time. I sent a message to Janice a few minutes ago.

I may not be able to do a lot of sewing on the machine yet, but would it bother anyone if I did some by hand if using the machine became a problem? I'm thinking that the worst case would be me doing hand applique onto a 12 1/2" square block piece but I want to be sure everyone would be OK with that before I sign up.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Like I didn't know that I've been dying to use that mem. hahaha
Glad I could oblige you, Billi! I can't stand looking at all these fabrics. I must touch, so I sent Janice an email. Drs don't have to know!
Old 07-14-2016, 05:25 PM

Hi! Great to meet you! I have no problems with whatever you want to do with my fabric. As much as you are loved around here, it would be an honor to have you work your magic on a piece of my quilt. I hope to keep you entertained with my attempts on your fabric, too. :-)