BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Old 07-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Does anyone really throw scraps away?
Never... not as long as it can make a 2" square.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:19 PM
Power Poster

Your fabrics are beautiful, GramE. You hit a really good clearance rack!
Old 07-22-2016, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Nice fabric GramE...you made good choices!
Moonwork, you're so funny....I'll share with you, I'm 70 yrs. old and very glad I'm still here and some days even try to kick!!
Jaba -- She's a quilter also and we are always amazed at the diversity of ages that quilters bring together. (She's also a homegrown Wyoming girl - Casper).

BTW I actually thought you were in your 50's from all the posts over all the years. I just thought you had very prolific children that kept popping out grandkids or was "everyone's" grandma.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:21 AM

Hello Boomers - finally had five seconds to attempt to catch up - but my mind is reeling with all the going on's.
Have my 10 yo GD and 11 yo GS staying with us for two+ weeks. Loving them. They are each others best friend and worst enemy as they are not quite a year apart. We love introducing them to the world of around us and they have traveled with us. They are part fish and we already have hit the LI Sound, Peconic Bay, and Atlantic Ocean. The ocean is their favorite. Last year was their first time to get out and be tumbled by the waves. This year we are perfecting the boogie board.
Still having issues with post concussion syndrome, but the beach and water are wonderful. Head a bad time when we all attempted a restaurant on the harbor, and the kiddies were concerned, but after an hour of dark and quiet I was ok.
For the newbies - welcome. My hubby and I have lived in our 40' Fifth Wheel RV and travel the country. We try to get close to the grandchildren and are staying on the east coast to help with my 88 yo mom who still insists on living alone. She just had her second total shoulder replaced and is doing well. Stayed with her for first 1.5 weeks and now just popping in to help out or take her to PT and store. GD loves to sew so we have sewing machine set up at mom's house and spend time with her there sewing! She will be teaching GS to make pickles next week as she can not lift anything heavy and she loves her pickles!!
I'll be back to check in and kids leave August 1st so will get back on the band wagon.
Peace and Love to all you groovy chicks. (naked or otherwise)
Old 07-22-2016, 04:27 AM

If there is still room, I would like to join the swap. I have this fabric, it was given to me and I don't know what to do with it. I feel it would be the perfect fabric for this swap. I am a newbie to boomerang swaps and welcome all the advice you can give me.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:43 AM

GramE great fabrics

yes I throw away and give away scraps. It's starting to cost to much to mail them, sure wish there was someone close by that wanted them. I finally realized that they would neve get used by me
Old 07-22-2016, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
If there is still room, I would like to join the swap. I have this fabric, it was given to me and I don't know what to do with it. I feel it would be the perfect fabric for this swap. I am a newbie to boomerang swaps and welcome all the advice you can give me.
Hi Lstew Go to the first post and check it out. then email Janice with with all the info and any questions you may have, I do know that the 3 month group is full but she has a waiting list just incase someone changes their mind, before we begin and the 2 month group has a few spots left.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:48 AM

Jaba seriously?? YOU ARE NOT 70??? I would have said 50's also!! I'm 67 so creeping up on you!!
Old 07-22-2016, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

Welcome Lstew! Another newbie to Boom here... So glad you joined. We are still waiting for our 2 month group to fill up. Have fun!
Old 07-22-2016, 06:20 AM

Welcome Lstew, glad to have you aboard. If you meant to post a pic of your fabric it didn't post