BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Old 07-21-2016, 02:42 PM

Yes it is the connecting threads fabric, very nice and heavy fabric with lots of different colors in. Thinking of buying the purple also.

For the 2 month group I am sending sports fabric with a note in each Baggie asking for a particular color to go with that fabric. Blocks will be for my now 9 year old grandson and asking you not to use any pastels, florals or white.

thanks
Old 07-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

I will send only one fabric and not need to get any back. I can double up too, if by 'doubling up' you mean making two different blocks from two of the same person's F8s.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:41 PM
Power Poster

Should I be preparing 20 F8s for the 2 month group, or 16?
Old 07-21-2016, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Show of hands please, who plans to send MORE THAN ONE F8? Small pieces of a second color will probably be ok but we will be running tight on the packaging on those in multiple groups. Will anyone be asking for their extra fabric to be returned? (Newbies...we usually keep the left over fabric from each person's F8s unless there is a specific request to return the extra.) That will affect us on the back side of the swap when I return your blocks to you. Hands please on this as well. Am headed to the po this morning to check out the box sizing. I shall experiment with Jaba's F8s packages! Ha! Good thing she had to mail early.
Sending one fat eighth and do not expect scraps back unless you're thinking about throwing those scraps away.... in which case throw them at me.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:52 PM

Does anyone really throw scraps away?
Old 07-21-2016, 06:04 PM

ibex94, hate to admit it but yes I do....unless it makes 2 1/2" squares for another swap. I do have about 3 ladies on the board that always want my scraps so they are sent to them. Think that means I have way to much fabric at my house...I see it, I like it, I buy it. Most of the time have no clue what it will become. One positive my grand daughter loves to come shop at my house, which is just fine with me.
Oh quiltermomma...be sure to find a house you love and will work for you perfectly. You can make a living at quilting as many as you do and stay at home.
sew biz, I just sent 20 in case as I will be gone. If the 2 month group doubles up, I'll need to send more as 20 is max but with 12 or so in the group I'm minus some if I choose to double to get more blocks. You don't have to but Janice will explain later if that happens.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:06 PM

Hottest day of the year so far & I get to run to town today. Well, I was out so I drove to the next county where they have a fancy fabric store, and being that close, it would be a shame not to stop in. My limit was $20. I only spent $15. the beauties in the picture & a fat quarter for my postcard swap & a 1/2 yd for a side swap. Good thing I don't get out much, I'd need a house for my hobby! You might notice the two border prints, I love border prints! I love clearance racks The top three coordinate, the bottom well, I like blue. I'm trying to think about 'my story'. Had 3 extra dogs here last 7 days and one brought in a bushel of fleas! I've given 7 dog baths in 3 days. Today now that the little dogs went home to my daughter's house, I cleaned mine so it didn't smell like flea shampoo & too many dogs!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554399[/ATTACH]
Hoping to cut my fabric this weekend. The heat will keep me inside.
the pic doesn't do justice to the fabric. Great detailing in gold in each.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 07-21-2016, 06:22 PM

This is what my note will say to each of you.... What I did forget was ... Please use as much of my fabric as possible in your blocks ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554402[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boom17-note.jpg  
Old 07-21-2016, 06:53 PM

Nice fabric GramE...you made good choices!
Moonwork, you're so funny....I'll share with you, I'm 70 yrs. old and very glad I'm still here and some days even try to kick!!
Old 07-21-2016, 07:09 PM

GrammE: Very pretty but I love love love the blue one.

Moon: great note and I like that you are going to share the block names and the names if hands that helped great idea. being a true flower child it will be more meaningful to her.

Showbiz: Once Janice has a final count for the 2 month group is usually when people decide if they want to double up or side swap. you way only need 13 f8's or 20 depending how many want to. I usually wait till I have an accurate count before I cut to much.

Terri: pretty fabric that will be fun to work with.

Biblistone: I don't think I have ever made anything but a kids block for you Unicorns, Winnie the poo and giraffes. No baby quilt this time? :-)