BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Old 07-28-2016, 07:35 AM

Like your introduction Francie. Now, you realize you are only a few hours from me. Been down in the "windsurfing" country and it is cool.
Well, better be thinking of cutting up my fabric and bagging it so I am ready. I saved all my baggies from last time so they are all ready.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:35 AM

Oh, bad me, LOVE THE ZEBRA QUILT!
Old 07-28-2016, 09:34 AM

Default Group Names and more info...

The 2 month group, OPAL, has 15 members currently and the 3 month group, TOPAZ, has 20 members. I'm tired of typing 2 month group and 3 month group over and over hence the names early. Thank you to Billi for coming up with the names. She actually gave me about 20 but these were my favorites.

Everyone in Topaz will send 19 F8s and create 19 blocks for the others in Topaz.

So if we don't fill Opal, and I cannot believe we will, then everyone will be responsible for sending 14 F8s and making 14 blocks for the others in Opal unless a subset of the group wishes to double up. In that case we can have some make one and others make two. We'll work that out at the very beginning of next week right after sign-ups close.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:07 PM

thanks for the update on numbers....I was just going to try an find the last email with the list, now I don't have to.

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
The 2 month group, OPAL, has 15 members currently and the 3 month group, TOPAZ, has 20 members. I'm tired of typing 2 month group and 3 month group over and over hence the names early. Thank you to Billi for coming up with the names. She actually gave me about 20 but these were my favorites.

Everyone in Topaz will send 19 F8s and create 19 blocks for the others in Topaz.

So if we don't fill Opal, and I cannot believe we will, then everyone will be responsible for sending 14 F8s and making 14 blocks for the others in Opal unless a subset of the group wishes to double up. In that case we can have some make one and others make two. We'll work that out at the very beginning of next week right after sign-ups close.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:22 PM
Power Poster

Janice, can you explain a bit how 'doubling up' works? Do those people send two for everyone and make two for everyone?

Even if that doesn't happen I suppose we can each make a few blocks for our quilts with our own fabric....
Old 07-28-2016, 02:40 PM

Nope, no emails until groups close
Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
thanks for the update on numbers....I was just going to try an find the last email with the list, now I don't have to.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Here's what is happening with my Boom 16 Blocks so far...

Making progress. Some sewn but most of it is just laid out. It will be long enough but I think I'll add a couple strips of the jewel patterns on the sides with zebra in the middle. Have to add another strip of zebra around the center block too. Final border will be zebra. Think it's wild yet?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554768[/ATTACH]

A lot of folks were worried what they would do with the wild zebra print... hope they think it's coming together quite well with all their efforts.
I love, love, love the way the zebra print was used in the different blocks. Seeing this gives me a good direction to start at, especially with me being new to the boom.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:53 PM

This was suppose to quote Lstew's last post. I think we all had a lot of fun w/ the zebra fabric last boom. I think some of the confirmed "in the box'ers" even left the box for a minute! lol lol lol
Old 07-28-2016, 03:19 PM

There are three ways to end up with more blocks other than making them for yourself:

1. Join both groups.

2. Double up, essentially making two blocks for the other members in the same group who also want more blocks. This is absolutely NOT a requirement. We did this in Boom 16's 2 month group, with just about 2/3 of the members doubling up and the remaining 1/3 making only a single block but we started out as a small group. It worked out fine. The thing is that if too many people want to double up, then it can cause a number of problems including the need for more fabric and tighter shipping containers. If it looks to become too burdensome on my end, I will not hesitate to pull the double up option.

3. Arrange side swaps. Side swaps are private swaps between individual members, are NOT my responsibility. Any side swaps must be done outside of this forum. To be blunt, if there are issues with side swaps, it's not my problem. I've got my hands full.

This is one of the reasons I didn't want anyone to send fabric in advance. Until the swap closes Sunday night, I won't know the count. And as I said, if this double up idea becomes unwieldy with too many people wanting to do it, I'll just call a halt to it and everyone can make a single block and arrange their own side swaps.

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Janice, can you explain a bit how 'doubling up' works? Do those people send two for everyone and make two for everyone?

Even if that doesn't happen I suppose we can each make a few blocks for our quilts with our own fabric....

Last edited by Janice McC; 07-28-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:24 PM

Try clicking the "reply with quote" button a second time. Sometimes that works for me.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
This was suppose to quote Lstew's last post. I think we all had a lot of fun w/ the zebra fabric last boom. I think some of the confirmed "in the box'ers" even left the box for a minute! lol lol lol