Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 09-23-2016, 03:40 PM

GramE, love what you did w/ Muse's fabric.

I fiddled w/ the block I made for Muse today. I imagined in my head twisting ribbons, but when I looked at it it just looked like a mistake seam, and I thought the birds might stand out more if they were "framed" a little better. I don't know if I like it any better, but here is take 2
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0095.jpg  
Old 09-23-2016, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558781[/ATTACH]
This says winter to me.
Gram I love this your stars are all so beautiful

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post

I fiddled w/ the block I made for Muse today. I imagined in my head twisting ribbons, but when I looked at it it just looked like a mistake seam, and I thought the birds might stand out more if they were "framed" a little better. I don't know if I like it any better, but here is take 2
I like both Kass and the concept is wonderful.

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
My block for Ibex94

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558604[/ATTACH]
this is so bright the peacock and pink are perfect with it.

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew View Post
Bibliostone love your block for Ibex. Love the colors you used.

Here is my block for you Bibliostone!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558622[/ATTACH]
pretty colors muse

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
okay y'all... I know I told you my friend is a hippie peace chick... take a gander at the chair she wants to make/get for her back porch.... he he he .... could "our" blocks be any more appropriate for her????? Thought y'all get a kick out of this. Happy Thursday

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558641[/ATTACH]
what a chair this is too awesome I hope you share a picture of her with this quilt.

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
In all the havoc here I managed to sew a block for Quiltermomma

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558708[/ATTACH]
lovely gray and red I'm still considering my gray's I may need to buy a new one....Oh bother hahaha

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Drum roll and don't faint... I finally got my first block finished tonight! I love this pattern because of the way it looks so crisp and clean....don't get tired of it because it's my "go to" block this swap ...

Francie Yuhas Hope you like it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558735[/ATTACH]
Love a crisp 2 color jacobs ladder.

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Here is the finished block for moonwork. She OK'd the flower fabric.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558742[/ATTACH]
woo hoo san francisco or bust!

Ladies these are all wonderful I love coming an and see all the great blocks.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:57 PM

Now my 2 blocks first is Haley's Comet for Molly [ATTACH=CONFIG]558790[/ATTACH]

Next is Moonwork and Bug out baby [ATTACH=CONFIG]558791[/ATTACH] I kind of feel like I'm on a bad trip when I stare at it too long. I know she now has a lot of cars but the second I knew the theme this was what I wanted to do. I tried to think of something else and nothing flipped my switch as much as this idea. plus it's different from the rest of the cars.
Attached Thumbnails mollymunchkin-haleys-comet.jpg   moonwork-bug-out-baby-.jpg  
Old 09-23-2016, 05:04 PM

Both blocks are great Billi, love the peace sign hub caps on the bugs.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:06 PM

Not quilt related, but I would like to know what is up w/ restaurants giving you a tiny glass for water. When I order a meal and they ask what I want to drink (talking about fast food here not real resaurants) and they give you the glass the size of a shot glass???? Really does the mark up of my food order not cover the 3 cent difference between the shot glass and the full size glass? If it doesn't and you have so many customers ordering water that the 3 cents is going to bankrupt you and you won't be able to pay your employees, by all means charge me the 3 cents and give me my friggen glass of water!
Old 09-23-2016, 05:09 PM

GramE I love the star! Fantastic job! Kass fabulous as always and very original block for me. Thanks sew much ladies for the amazing blocks to add to my collection.

Billi, both of your blocks are very creative! Great job! I made the other VW bug. Glad she'll have another one. I always love what you come up with.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:22 PM

thank you.

i liked the first one you did too. It looks like frost on the window pane. I did think the other looked like ribbons twisting.

Great Comet, Billi. All the ideas are gonna be taken by the time I get there, or maybe if I stew long enough I'll think of my own original!

Can't wait to see the "Hippie" quilt. I got married in the sixties! Memories.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:07 PM

Warning: be careful not to give any info over the phone to anyone you don' know...even if they say they are the bank,etc. I got a call asking for my full name from a " bank". This was 6:30 in the morning! I told her I didn't talk to anyone at that ungodly hour and hung up. My husband checked and,sure enough,some doofus had opened a credit card in my name at a bank I don't use. Today, the " bank" called to report my husband had overspent his credit card....sure enough,DH's identity was hacked. We are becoming good friends with the police folks. Rats
Old 09-23-2016, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

Not quilt related, but I would like to know what is up w/ restaurants giving you a tiny glass for water. When I order a meal and they ask what I want to drink (talking about fast food here not real resaurants) and they give you the glass the size of a shot glass???? Really does the mark up of my food order not cover the 3 cent difference between the shot glass and the full size glass? If it doesn't and you have so many customers ordering water that the 3 cents is going to bankrupt you and you won't be able to pay your employees, by all means charge me the 3 cents and give me my friggen glass of water!
I think it's 'payback' for not ordering a drink they can charge you for. At a fast food place you will have to pay for a drink if you want water in a regular big cup. They are proud of those cups.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:08 PM

Working on your block, sewbizgirl. But I ran out of steam and I'll have to finish in the morning. Plus my dogs were restful for bed and grunting & thumping & pacing, interfering with my concentration!