Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 12-02-2016, 06:05 PM

[QUOTE=moonwork42029;7710893]Sigh... the hippy peace train is taking it's time to get here... supposedly on Saturday (and they deliver in the afternoon on Saturday) ....

Guess I should just have a *%^&*$#&( and chill

To many brownie breaks no doubt! lol lol
Old 12-02-2016, 07:15 PM

Lutefisk wasn't as bad as I expected, would probably have a small piece again. GramE, dh was positive it was something I wouldn't eat, because of it's reputation as being slimey. He didn't have the rhutabega or pickled beets and they were delicious.

Glad everyone is enjoying their ornaments. Wanted you all to know how much your friendship means to me.

My blocks arrived and am thrilled with the color choices and size of the blocks. Have left feedback for everyone but Biblistone, for some reason her's didn't work. Will try again tomorrow. If I missed anyone let me know
Old 12-02-2016, 07:22 PM

Here are my Boom 17 blocks all together in no particular order except light dark backgrounds. It's pretty busy but I'm loving them! Thank you all so much. I'll keep it simple, make a few more blocks, and some calming sashing and border and call it done. We shall see. Thanks to everyone!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563062[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 12-02-2016, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Here are my Boom 17 blocks all together in no particular order except light dark backgrounds. It's pretty busy but I'm loving them! Thank you all so much. I'll keep it simple, make a few more blocks, and some calming sashing and border and call it done. We shall see. Thanks to everyone!

Pretty busy for sure. If I were you I'd make two more of those 1/4 Dresden's and make them the center.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Power Poster

Love your blocks, Janice. There are some I haven't seen before.

I went to CT after Libster gave the heads up... and of course had to buy $50 so I could get free shipping. (Who wants to pay for shipping when that $$ could be fabric instead?) I got some of the coolest fabric for the next boom! I'm not telling what I bought just yet, but somehow I don't think anyone else would be buying exactly the same thing. Wait and see!

About that lutefisk... the only place I'd ever heard it mentioned was by Garrison Keillor in Lake Wobegon circles. All the Norwegians up there eat it, you know. I've never run across any in person, yet. It isn't big in the South. LOL.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Pretty busy for sure. If I were you I'd make two more of those 1/4 Dresden's and make them the center.
Or the 4 corners!
Old 12-02-2016, 08:58 PM

Sewbiz after reading your post I looked up the etniticity of Minnesota. I would have said The majority of our state's population was Norwegian and Swedish. Tons of Andersons, johnsons, Iverson (my dh) etc. pretty surprised to see

#1. German 2. Norwegian 3. Irish 4. Swedish. Totally shocked on German being # 1. Learned something new.

Last edited by terriamn; 12-02-2016 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Power Poster

Oh, Terri where did you find that info? I'd love to look up my state's ethnicity.

Of course, Lake Wobegon is a fictional place, depicting the people and town where Garrison Keillor grew up. He must have grown up in a town in Minnesota full of Norwegian Lutherans, from the stories he tells.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:39 AM

SewBiz, you are a woman after my own heart! They get me every time with that free shipping after $50. I stocked up on solids in their last sale. Can't wait to see everyone's fabric in Boom 18.

Janice, I love all your blocks together, 'specially the bonnet and the flowers. I think a couple more 1/4 Dresdens would balance out the corners too.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post

It is beautiful what a fun quilt it's going to be. And I agree with Kass, sewbiz and Libster I think the 2 more grandmothers fans for the corners and the hat in the center..........I could and absolutely would make those extra 2