Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-14-2016, 11:17 AM

Way back in Boom 15 I sent fabric to make a space quilt for my nephew, the brother to the girl who is getting the pink butterfly quilt. Anyway I got back amazing stars, space ships, comets, and planets. One of the ladies, Beebeatty used an incredible batik to make her star. I complimented the fabric choice and told her how much I loved it. She kindly gifted me a generous piece of it to use in the quilt wherever it was needed. As it turned out I needed one more block to complete the layout, so what other thing does a space quilt need ...................... well a sun of course. So I have been working on the sun block made w/ Bee's beautiful batik fabric so I can start assembling Hedge's quilt. W/o further ado, here it is ....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555952[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_1185.jpg  
Old 08-14-2016, 12:04 PM

id go dancing every weekend if I had a partner to dance with!! I love music, cant stand to sit and listen to it when people are dancing...and its hard to slow dance alone!! Wish I would have gotten to dance more when younger. I LOVE music, esp country and oldies..NO rap for me.. That Sun block is VERY pretty..hope you post a picture of quilt when done!! This week is deadline for fabric?? Yeah...hope we get them soon..Im ready to sew..had grandkids all weekend so didnt get anything done except play dough and cartoons!!
Old 08-14-2016, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Way back in Boom 15 I sent fabric to make a space quilt for my nephew, the brother to the girl who is getting the pink butterfly quilt. Anyway I got back amazing stars, space ships, comets, and planets. One of the ladies, Beebeatty used an incredible batik to make her star. I complimented the fabric choice and told her how much I loved it. She kindly gifted me a generous piece of it to use in the quilt wherever it was needed. As it turned out I needed one more block to complete the layout, so what other thing does a space quilt need ...................... well a sun of course. So I have been working on the sun block made w/ Bee's beautiful batik fabric so I can start assembling Hedge's quilt. W/o further ado, here it is ....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555952[/ATTACH]
i think even the sun would be complimented by your beautiful likeness of it!
Old 08-14-2016, 12:58 PM

Kass, you aced it with your sun block. Perfect...... pattern, workmanship and fabric!
Old 08-14-2016, 02:33 PM

If I had a dance partner I'd dance often and be much thinner. Man that is good exercise. My dh doesn't dance, like to go with a bunch of friends.

kass your sun is a real star.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:16 PM

I have been working on the space quilt today. The layout is going to be nearly identical to the pink butterfly quilt. Here is as far as I got on the center on point square. My quilting is better on this one, good thing since it is more visible. The top square isn't finished quilting, I ran out of bobbin thread and so quit for now. I forgot to go on chrome so I will post this and put the pics in the next post
Old 08-14-2016, 07:17 PM

Okay here are the pics (I hope)
Attached Thumbnails dsc_1186.jpg   dsc_1187.jpg  
Old 08-14-2016, 08:40 PM

very nice, love the backing fabric
Old 08-15-2016, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy View Post
very nice, love the backing fabric
Thanks it is a tye dye looking fleece.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:10 AM

Good morning Boomers and Dancers! It looks like Bibliostone's package WILL be here today so that will be all the F8s we need. I'll sort them all out and get your packages ready to mail later this week. For newbies, it's not an instantaneous process and usually takes me a couple of days what with the counting, sorting, counting, prepping envelopes, counting, printing labels, counting, writing notes, etc....it takes a while...and this is done between taking care of DH, 4 pets and my 86 yo mom. The Booms are done in my spare time which, some days, is pretty non-existent. But if all goes well, most of you MAY have the F8s by the weekend. Fingers crossed!