Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-16-2016, 11:38 AM

I have a tracking number too
Old 08-16-2016, 04:37 PM

Tracking number received. Yeah!!!
Old 08-16-2016, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Billi, the Topaz & Twenty start with the same letter. Same for Opal & only 14. (I know it is 15 but I'm only getting 14, gymnastics, there has to be a twist or two! I'm not even close to Olympic gymnasts! Easy stuff like same letters go together.
hahaha sometimes I am a bit slow all the clues were there and I couldn't put it together.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:32 PM

I don't do well w/ word association, when I have tried it I can't remember if it is the word I'm suppose to remember or the associated word to remind me. For instance there was an older distinguished grey headed man I was trying to remember his name. To this day I have no idea if his name is Mr. Grey or Mr. Fox?

I would have to use the ultra simple fool proof "Opal is a shorter word"
Old 08-16-2016, 05:42 PM

For me it's o for opal comes in the alphabet before T for topaz so opal is 2 month group and topaz is the 3 month group
Old 08-16-2016, 06:13 PM

I'm old fashioned... I would have a sticky note taped to the bookcase where the F8 live that says Opal - 2 months Topaz 3 months and they'd be in separate little basket neighborhoods. However, I'm only in 1 group so I'm good to go
Old 08-16-2016, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
I'm old fashioned... I would have a sticky note taped to the bookcase where the F8 live that says Opal - 2 months Topaz 3 months and they'd be in separate little basket neighborhoods. However, I'm only in 1 group so I'm good to go
I was too afraid to go there, Lisa. I have no plan for keeping them straight! Well, yes I did, to rely on our fearless leader & her computer skills & weebly pages to keep me sorted out.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:02 PM

Keeping them straight I only take the one f8 I am working on out of the baggie and as soon as the block if finished and photographed it goes back in it's baggie. The note in the baggie says if it is the 2 or 3 month group.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Keeping them straight I only take the one f8 I am working on out of the baggie and as soon as the block if finished and photographed it goes back in it's baggie. The note in the baggie says if it is the 2 or 3 month group.
But, but, but, how can they talk to me when they are in the baggies? Last boom I had them all out on my wall and I would touch them & converse with them. Most of them told me what they wanted to look like. See, you & I need to hang out so some of that organization would rub off on me. I have slim to nil in the organization category.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
But, but, but, how can they talk to me when they are in the baggies? Last boom I had them all out on my wall and I would touch them & converse with them. Most of them told me what they wanted to look like. See, you & I need to hang out so some of that organization would rub off on me. I have slim to nil in the organization category.
Ha... I would never have more than 1 out at a time just in case they started a riot and wanted to be mixed together. I have had f8's that would go together beautifully and I had to be extra careful to not let them get too close together.

I actually do have a method. I have gallon baggies that I put each f8 into. I take out only one f8 and read any special requests that were sent with it....(sorry but if a request was posted but not included in the f8 I can't keep track of those requests and they could be overlooked). I go through my stash and find colors that will work with the f8 regardless of what I want to make... I put all of them into the gallon baggie.

Once I start working on the f8, I finish it completely. I take a photo of it and keep track of them in a "boom" folder in my computer listed by each Boom and who it is for.

Then I start all over again.

My biggest fear is mis placing a f8 from someone so I am OCD about who sent what. Solidarity confinement for them.