Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-19-2016, 01:05 PM

The space quilt is fantastic!!!! Love The flower/brown block is great.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:32 PM

Kass your quilt is great, can't wait to hear what hedge's reaction is. Always fun to spot my block, when I don't see it makes me wonder if person didn't like it 😒

We went to to county fair, sat with friends and listened to a great one man band while eating an enormous funnel cake. I know naughty naughty. Then checked out the quilts which didn't take long but I enjoyed them. Was strange to see they were all machine quilted.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:35 PM

Looking good already! I won't have internet at home for a few days... new carpet came today so alllllllll the stuff is in limbo until hubby comes home and sets it all back up. No wifi so can't even use phone .

Love the quilt and glad you got it finished up.

Peace Baby
Old 08-19-2016, 03:15 PM
Power Poster

Loving your blocks so far, ladies. Just peeking over here until Opal starts posting some. Nah... I'll keep peeking in here even after they do!
Old 08-19-2016, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
ok I'm not staying on long but wanted to let Janice know that I got squishy today. Boy was I surprised, didn't know they were on the way.
I have had big issues with vertigo since Monday, tried calling doctor office but no one home except the nurses so they told me to go to clinic if it was an emergence. Since the cancer doctor looked at it and said there wasn't an infection going on, I'm trying to wait it out until the doctor is back in the office. Today isn't to bad so I'm also trying to get some sewing done so I don't fall behind. Give me a day or 2 and I'll check back in with you all.
I had altitude induced vertigo in costa rica. The docs gave me dramamine to calm it down. A shot initially and then the pills. I have taken it ever since when I feel the vertigo and it blocks it out. I hope yours is as simple to calm, too.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:31 PM

Libster and Janice -- great blocks! I've just gotten home from work and found the flimseys waiting for me. Unfortunately, I don't get to play with them until Tuesday.... Weekends are when I work 12 hour days. Today was only a 10 hour day so my father-in-law and I went out to eat. I'm quilt slacking.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Libster and Janice -- great blocks! I've just gotten home from work and found the flimseys waiting for me. Unfortunately, I don't get to play with them until Tuesday.... Weekends are when I work 12 hour days. Today was only a 10 hour day so my father-in-law and I went out to eat. I'm quilt slacking.
I'm in your boat, very little if any weekend sewing for me since I work weekends too
Old 08-19-2016, 04:16 PM

I've got a set of 6 placemats to finish up before I really dive in on the F8s. They're for our Festival of Tables at church in September. I have 3 completely done and the other 3 have been sewn, clipped and turned, ready to be ironed and topstitched closed. Oh, did I mention they're clouds? Try finding a pattern for that! I'm doing them for a friend to use on her table with angels. Thank goodness for kids coloring pages, freezer paper and sharpies.
Janice, I love that block you did.
Kass, great space quilt. That's going to be a happy little boy! I've got to try that QAYG.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:55 PM

Went through a quick look at my stash. Gray just isn't there. I actually have black (only due to getting it for past booms) and have white and quite a few teals. But zilch gray. I guess I will have to take a road trip!!
Old 08-19-2016, 05:47 PM

Here[ATTACH=CONFIG]556283[/ATTACH]are the first two blocks. Fun!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg