Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-21-2016, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
Those "shrooms" are awesome!
Most of them look like ugly brown pancakes on stems. We've never had these bright red ones before.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
I got 4 hours sleep last night at work, so I did get some sewing done after I got home before church and was able to finish Moonwork's 60's block. I have to say it turned out even better then I pictured and I am ridiculously proud of myself. I hope you like it half as much as I do, and hope the extra fabric was worth it.
Is this not just the wildest! Your vision of it is spot on. Thanks so dang much.

And I thought y'all would be challenged by this fabric but you are all hippies at heart it seems, lol.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:20 AM

Yes, you can do that.
Originally Posted by francie yuhas
Do you think I could e- mail photo to the fearless leader...then she could post it? I don't have an I-phone...I still use a dumb phone.. Maybe if I posted four blocks at a time...it would make up for the too big photo?
Old 08-21-2016, 11:33 AM

I just LOVE the Abbey Road guys!! That is a LOT of work..you are so talented!! I wouldnt even attempt that! I did find a Vw I thought would be cute and then saw the one already done and now i have to find another hippie symbol....Im sure mine wont be at perfect as the ones already done! I LOVE all of them....I agree with Janice about the bra burning though! Here are three I completed today..cutting out a couple of more but have to iron my clothes for work tomorrow....ugh...wish I was retired...or could 'sleep" at work...LOL These are Billi, LUM, and Lisa
Attached Thumbnails billi-boom-17.jpg   lum-boom-17.jpg   lisa-boom-17.jpg  
Old 08-21-2016, 11:47 AM

wow, some really great blocks! No sewing happening here until later in the week. Busy preparing for back to school night. But, then it's back to sewing

Last edited by mollymunchkin; 08-21-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:59 AM

Waaaaaa can you hear me whining and carrying on. I came home from lake 2 days early to play with everyone's fabric. Just couldn't take not opening my package. My neighbor was sweet enough to get my package and keep it at her house for me and SHE ISN'T HOME.

everyones block are fantastic, Kass Abby Road is so darn creative, cute as can be. H
going to go sit on my steps and watch for neighbor
Old 08-21-2016, 01:08 PM

The blocks are great! I used fusible appliqué,then button hole stitched them on. So,which is better...photos of 4 blocks in one shot...or e- mailing them to the overworked fearless leader? I' m busy machine quilting a T- shirt quilt( with fleece backing) my daughter suckered me into. It's a bugger to keep straight..even with basting spray and pins. I'd druther sew blocks.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:16 PM

Joan, a couple of these are Opal so I've posted them in the correct gallery.

To those in both groups, please be sure to post to the correct group. It'll help me immensely. Also, please use BOARD names, not first names. We have several people with the same first name in this swap and let me assure you, that's pretty darn confusing but Board names aren't. Thanks, everyone, for your help.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
I just LOVE the Abbey Road guys!! That is a LOT of work..you are so talented!! I wouldnt even attempt that! I did find a Vw I thought would be cute and then saw the one already done and now i have to find another hippie symbol....Im sure mine wont be at perfect as the ones already done! I LOVE all of them....I agree with Janice about the bra burning though! Here are three I completed today..cutting out a couple of more but have to iron my clothes for work tomorrow....ugh...wish I was retired...or could 'sleep" at work...LOL These are Billi, LUM, and Lisa
Old 08-21-2016, 02:19 PM

moonwork42029 = Lisa
moonrise = Lisa

he he he we like to be in the same swaps just ... well... just because he he he
Old 08-21-2016, 02:38 PM

Love the Abby Road Kass! Amazing!

For applique it depends on the project. I either do the fusible,(which I used for the VW) the way Kass does it,(but with freezer paper so no glue needed) needle-turn, or the Lori Holt way with a stabilizer to turn.

Moonworks you're going to have to finish your quilt so everyone can see. It's going to be amazing. Very creative!