Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-27-2016, 10:25 AM

Took my sewing machine in for a check up and cleaning while at the lake. When I dropped it off she said it was state fair time and at least a be if the mechanics would be with her at the state fair. Darn darn might not have been so smart on my part. Do have others but this is my work horse and know the 1/4" foot inside and out
Old 08-27-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Took my sewing machine in for a check up and cleaning while at the lake. When I dropped it off she said it was state fair time and at least a be if the mechanics would be with her at the state fair. Darn darn might not have been so smart on my part. Do have others but this is my work horse and know the 1/4" foot inside and out
wow our state fair goes 10+ days. Maybe you should stay at the lake 2 weeks. Just sayin'.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:16 PM

The final 2 and 1 for me. I've sure enjoyed making these for you ladies but it is time to start packing some of my sewing room up to take to the new one. Hope I don't forget a bunch or it will be a buying spree when I get there[ATTACH=CONFIG]557032[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]557033[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]557034[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg  
Old 08-27-2016, 01:27 PM

That green matches the fish perfectly! When are you all planing on moving?? I dont envy you at all! Be safe, dont forget your favorite scissors!!
Old 08-27-2016, 02:50 PM

Jaba, thank you. You must have used every thread of that F8! Beautiful.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:01 PM

GramE I did plan on making this my last big hurrah and maybe staying a couple of weeks. But today had phone call from my oldest dd and she is on her way to Minnesota from Texas. She will stay at our house but work at her company's offices at the Mall of America. My son will also be coming from Las Vegas but not till Seotember 18. That means she will be here at least a month. Poor dh's eye's just about popped out of his head. She will give you the shirt off her back but is very high maintence, has a terribly stressful job that can cause her to be very moody. Not a pretty picture if you get my meaning.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
GramE I did plan on making this my last big hurrah and maybe staying a couple of weeks. But today had phone call from my oldest dd and she is on her way to Minnesota from Texas. She will stay at our house but work at her company's offices at the Mall of America. My son will also be coming from Las Vegas but not till Seotember 18. That means she will be here at least a month. Poor dh's eye's just about popped out of his head. She will give you the shirt off her back but is very high maintence, has a terribly stressful job that can cause her to be very moody. Not a pretty picture if you get my meaning.
So you're saying your stay could be extended. I love my children but I cannot live with them, up close & personal. Their lives are very hectic as was mine at that age. I have a high maintenance DIL who would give you the shirt off her back. And she helps me a lot. So yep, I get your meaning. We live a very quiet & slow life here, & I'm sure my husband's eyes would have popped out too! Praying for you & your DH. Enjoy the cabin!
Old 08-27-2016, 05:36 PM

Almost GramE, but I'm sending you back a strip that is big enough for some 2" or so squares, just incase you need it
Joanelizbay, sorry your blocks aren't a little more creative. Just couldn't get into the fabric for some reason...maybe because I had to sell my big salt water tank, sad day because I love to watch those fish.
We go back to Florida in Sept for Bill's son's retirement from the navy, then fly home and really start packing for the first trip down. As I was cutting blocks and sewing them I just started piling things up that I have 2 or 3 of, no sense buying it again. Can always buy the focus fabric for a project but I have so much blender and tone on tones that for 1/2 of the year figured I better take some of it.
Then I need to start on the kitchen, lots of the small appliances I have 2 of because we had them at the cabin. When we sold it I just brought them home. It's those little $30 to $50 items that add up real fast, like cutters, mats and rulers I guess. I'm having those "cha-ching" moments that I feel the money can be better used elsewhere
Don't envy you at all terriamn, it might be a stressful month to say the least.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]557014[/ATTACH]
For Ibex94. My DH picked the gold.

This is is called "Table for 4" on Quilter's Cache. I played how many times can you sew the same piece on upside down with this block!
Great block and great block name! I'm thinking poker game, lol. I'm sorry the pieces gave you so much trouble but it is lovely!!
Old 08-27-2016, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
You are all working so quickly on those blocks! They are gorgeous! Looks like I'm the slow poke of the group. But I sure am having fun planning out these blocks and drooling over the ones you have made!
Pretty sure everyone is ahead of me. My time in the craft room yesterday was spent un-burying the cutting table. Today, I went to Joanns to get a couple of colors I needed. I also canned 18 pints of pear sauce. Planning on sewing after church tomorrow, cuz mailing day will be here before I know it. 😱