Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open!  :) >

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :)

Old 12-13-2016, 10:30 AM

You haven't been around long enough. I have plenty more. And idiosyncrasies, foibles and some nutty ideas to boot.
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
You are funny, Janice! I think I'll leave all my bags open now. You shouldn't give away your quirks. Just sayin'. It can be used against you.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
You haven't been around long enough. I have plenty more. And idiosyncrasies, foibles and some nutty ideas to boot.
Ok, I'll give you idiosyncrasies, foibles and nutty ideas and I'll raise you a whole stack of eccentricities!
Old 12-13-2016, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Ok, I'll give you idiosyncrasies, foibles and nutty ideas and I'll raise you a whole stack of eccentricities!

You guys are nuts! That's why I love you all, I fit right in! Washed and dried my fabric this morning. Soon as I get through with this Lemony Fruit Cake, I'll get a picture of it up.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:42 PM

Loving all you guys cool fabrics. I will be sending a bright yellow and white check, (think bigger gingham like), relatively boring by comparison. I'll be going w/ a citrus and white color plan (orange, green, yellow). But I haven't even begun to cut and bag yet.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:47 PM

The sports fabric will still be going out for the 2 month group but think I'll send something different for the three month group. Know I won't be getting to my topaz blocks for quite awhile yet.

will be able to proceed with my normal life after this weekend. Once we get through hosting dh's siblings and spouses are own family Christmas will be a breeze.

Need to have everything ready to mail to my oldest dd tomorrow morning and my son's by Friday. Waiting on dh to bring bubble wrap home and for me to frost the sugar cookies. The few times that I have tried that couldn't be called successful. More frosting on me, my clothes and kitchen counters then the cookies. So wish me well.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

That sports quilt is going to be HUGE, Terri! We won't be bored because we'll probably get a different fabric than we had last time. PM me if you ever need an outside swap.

Kass the citrus idea sounds cool. So we can take your yellow check and add orange, green, yellow and white? Fun! Would fruit appliques be appropriate?

I got my mystery fabric in yesterday... okay, its that lion print by Cotton and Steel. Not sure if I want to send that this time, or my Star Wars fabric. My ugly bags for the 3 month group are all ready to go.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:41 PM

So Janice I have a feeling this isn't the way you bake. Hubby says I have to every spot in the kitchen covered or I'm not happy.

Now for the big clean up. Anyone want to come help?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563690[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 12-13-2016, 02:03 PM

I'm pretty sure I told you that I have 4 babies coming this next year the first a boy my first great nephew, I have 3 great nieces, due early March. So I have been trying to get them done. I'm pretty sure the last one is due in June/July

I am not good at baby quilts I always seem to make the too big I often don't work with a full quilt pattern so they just end up the size they tell me thy need to be. This is probably the closest one to a "baby" size I have ever made.

While traveling this Year I found a Laurel Burch panel I fell in love with I bought 3 of them, and the awesome alphabet tossed fabric. The batiks mostly came from my stash. I love her designs I think she is one of the few designers that I would just buy every thing sight unseen and be thrilled with all of it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563691[/ATTACH]

So this is one Baby quilt down only 3 to go, well I have a cute baby girl quilt done and a Dr Seuss Lorax almost finished which next up on my design wall.
Attached Thumbnails laurel-burch-1-nick.jpg  
Old 12-13-2016, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
So Janice I have a feeling this isn't the way you bake. Hubby says I have to every spot in the kitchen covered or I'm not happy.

hahahahaha hey that kind of looks like my kitchen when I'm done baking. I try but I am just not good at the "clean as you go" method.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:12 PM

Omgosh, me! I'll be right over! I am the one who likes my counter almost completely empty. If I'm in a room with too many "things" my skin starts to crawl and I'm overwhelmed. I have a bit of a phobia about it, but I accept that about myself and it keeps me from overloading my house too much. When I cook anything, I have to clean as I go. You'd hate to have me around when you bake. I'd be driving you up the wall.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post