Boom 19 - Autumn

Old 09-06-2017, 04:47 AM

Sewbiz, sorry to hear about your son. I hope he get better soon. My thoughts and prayers for you and him.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:48 AM

Good morning Boomers!

Wow, I went and played in Taos for the weekend and all of you sure were busy. I LOVE my blocks, thank you all! I did find a pretty fun fabric store in Taos, but I showed a lot of restraint and only bought some Halloween fabric. Next couple weeks so down a bit, so back to Booming for me!
Old 09-06-2017, 06:23 AM

So sorry about your son Sew..hope hes doing much better and you can go back home soon!! I know this is a boom board but I would like to ask for ALL your prayers for Florida this weekend. Ive been thinking about Jaba and wondering if they had moved yet..hope if they did that shes safe. My brother lives on the western coast of the bootheel about 40 miles in from the ocean. His daughter and I are trying to convince them to go North until the hurricane is past but he wont listen..Hes never been thru a hurricane before and 185 MPH winds is very damaging. I'm worried but know God will answer prayers so I'm asking for them from all of you!! To everyone in harms way, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Southern Calif, Texas Florida......So sad for all affected.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:57 AM

Joanliz

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580149[/ATTACH]

Cheesehead

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580150[/ATTACH]

Joanliz, sending prayers. I can't even imagine winds that strong
Attached Thumbnails img_0058.jpg   img_0057.jpg  
Old 09-06-2017, 08:06 AM

Wow Terri, that block you made for me is just beautiful, thank you!

SBG, so sorry to hear about your son, I too will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

I have had TWC on all morning, it just doesn't look good no matter where this one will hit. Praying for a miracle that this storm will turn and go back into the Atlantic.

Very cold here again this morning, we still haven't reached 50 degrees yet today...brrrrr!

Jan
Old 09-06-2017, 08:40 AM

sewbiz hope your son is doing better and in recovery mode. Keep us posted.
I'm still in Wyoming, lots of smoke in the air from all the fires around us. We are planning on leaving for Florida at the end of the month. My son has kept me posted each day and we are watching the news for updates. Just talked to him and already no gas, he went to 7 places last night and pumps were closed. Grocery stores, etc. sold out of water and the canned goods were very sparse he said. He's going checking today, hopefully he will find some. He's got 2 big generators but you need gas to run them. Saturday will be the day to know more about what the storm will do. Not too much we can do about it, guess we'll still have a house or not....I try not to worry about it but it hasn't helped yet
Old 09-06-2017, 10:32 AM

One way some of us can help is to donate blood. It's needed all over and certainly following the fires and storms, the need is/will be up. I know not everyone can donate but those of you who can, it might be a way to assist in recovery efforts in a small way. I'm going tomorrow.

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
sewbiz hope your son is doing better and in recovery mode. Keep us posted.
I'm still in Wyoming, lots of smoke in the air from all the fires around us. We are planning on leaving for Florida at the end of the month. My son has kept me posted each day and we are watching the news for updates. Just talked to him and already no gas, he went to 7 places last night and pumps were closed. Grocery stores, etc. sold out of water and the canned goods were very sparse he said. He's going checking today, hopefully he will find some. He's got 2 big generators but you need gas to run them. Saturday will be the day to know more about what the storm will do. Not too much we can do about it, guess we'll still have a house or not....I try not to worry about it but it hasn't helped yet
Old 09-06-2017, 11:23 AM

Jaba, my brother has a propane generator and is still able to get propane. Said the lines in Cape Corral were 30-40 minutes or more to get gas IF they have any. Hes been buying water since the lst warning came out...said some guy last night was trying to sell plywood for $60 a sheet! I told him to report him to the sec of state...that's crazy.All we can do is pray.... Wish I could give blood but the medicine I'm on wont let me. you are right they always need blood! Thanks for the block Terri...very creative!
Old 09-06-2017, 11:43 AM

Hope it's not to creative and you can use it.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:53 PM

Now that's a WOW block Kass! You are gonna have to come over & I'll show you how easy Y seams are by hand!
I try to avoid them at all costs on the machine.