Boom 19 - Autumn

Old 10-19-2017, 02:39 PM

Let's not jump the gun here. Boom 19 hasn't ended yet. Let's see how we finish up. I'd like to get feedback from everyone who wishes to share it with me but that cannot happen until you all get your blocks back. Thanks.

Last edited by Janice McC; 10-19-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Let's not jump the gun here. Boom 19 hasn't ended yet. Let's see how we finish up. I'd like to get feedback from everyone who wishes to share it with me but that cannot happen until you all get your blocks back. Thanks.
LOL, I can see you are not one to speculate, Janice. You like to have things planned and dates firm before you say anything... and that's ok. You make a good leader! We are jumping the gun, because a lot of us have our fabrics all picked out. (I just got one of mine in the mail today.) It's exciting.

I hope we all give feedback once we have our blocks in hand. From what I've seen online, they will be outstanding and beautiful. I just hope they all are 12.5"! And I would like you to tell me if you get any negative feedback on any that I've made. It helps me do better for the next time.

Fingers crossed that you have all the packages in by tomorrow....
Old 10-19-2017, 04:45 PM

Thanks sewbizgirl & hav4boys for your input. I will make a few "practice" blocks and see how they turn out. I have read how important the 12.5" square is. . I am hopeful to join the next boom.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
D. Henson you are correct... but it is 19 Fat 8s. They are not fat quarters. The F8 measures 18X21. Hope that helps.

Our F8 measures 18" x 11".
Old 10-19-2017, 05:32 PM

Sewbiz had a typo. Yes, 18x11, possibly slightly less once the selvage is cut off after washing. Maybe 18x10. No smaller.

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Our F8 measures 18" x 11".
Old 10-19-2017, 06:05 PM

I am anxious to start another boom also. But, I am putting my mobile up for sale the first of the year and moving to Ohio to be close to my son, granddaughter, brother and family. I hope to be there by April. I will definitely join in again once I get settled. In the meantime, I'll still be here but won't be able to participate. I'm trying to downsize and pack up as much as I can ahead of time. I've been planning this move for 4 years now and it is finally happening. I'm really excited!
Old 10-20-2017, 05:03 AM

FYI, today is the deadline for blocks in my hands. Usps shows Hav4boys' package should arrive today. Thank you, Hav. I have not gotten shipping info from Marlenab yet.

I found this link in fb this morning and thought I'd share it with you. Not quilting, but definitely piecing! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t-n03ano-Ak. Enjoy!
Old 10-20-2017, 05:49 AM

Just a taste of things to come...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]582532[/ATTACH]
My "not sophisticated but works for me" sorting system on my guest room bed. The one place the animals aren't permitted. Lots of lovely blocks hiding in the picture!
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
FYI, today is the deadline for blocks in my hands. Usps shows Hav4boys' package should arrive today. Thank you, Hav. I have not gotten shipping info from Marlenab yet.

I found this link in fb this morning and thought I'd share it with you. Not quilting, but definitely piecing! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t-n03ano-Ak. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails img_7147.jpg  
Old 10-20-2017, 07:11 AM

Ladies...I am so bad! I will be the reason that Janice doesn't stay on her schedule with this swap. I did not get my blocks mailed till yesterday. It seems if things are not right under my nose....I forget them. I had everything ready to go to the post office tuesday night. Went out and put the package in the front seat of my truck as my official post-it note. The next morning future hubby rode with me so I could drop him off to pick up his truck from the auto body shop (he hit a deer). I guess when he got in my truck he move the package to the back seat (there went my post-it note). I didn't see it till I got off work and was putting my lunch bag in the back. My heart sunk! Post office was closed. So I took it first thing yesterday morning. Which will put it in Janice's hands a day late.

I just want everyone to know that I'm so sorry! I know everyone is excited to get their blocks back (including myself). I will certainly understand if I'm not allowed to participate in future Booms.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:13 AM

Incredible, thanks for sharing this site Janice.

love your organization!