Boom 19 - Autumn

Old 10-20-2017, 07:53 AM

Marlenab and everyone else, the problem is not that the package will be a day late, it's that due to my schedule, I will not be able to prep much in advance of my scheduled Wednesday mailing and prep is everything unless I want to send Jaba's to JayneW, and Jayne's to Joanelizbay and so on. (Almost happened once when I hurried. That was not a good time.) I'm going out of town and I will not even get the package until Tuesday at the earliest maybe not until Wednesday. I put a huge amount of thought into dates and I completely work my schedule around them. Please, please, please...dates are FIRM. Marlenab, I know it was just a little oversight. Water, bridge, under, and all that.

Moving on. I'll check in when I get back. Everyone have a pleasant weekend and if you are inclined and the weather is nice, the Orionid meteor shower is tonight and there's no moon at the peak. Should be good viewing.

Originally Posted by Marlenab View Post
Ladies...I am so bad! I will be the reason that Janice doesn't stay on her schedule with this swap. I did not get my blocks mailed till yesterday. It seems if things are not right under my nose....I forget them. I had everything ready to go to the post office tuesday night. Went out and put the package in the front seat of my truck as my official post-it note. The next morning future hubby rode with me so I could drop him off to pick up his truck from the auto body shop (he hit a deer). I guess when he got in my truck he move the package to the back seat (there went my post-it note). I didn't see it till I got off work and was putting my lunch bag in the back. My heart sunk! Post office was closed. So I took it first thing yesterday morning. Which will put it in Janice's hands a day late.

I just want everyone to know that I'm so sorry! I know everyone is excited to get their blocks back (including myself). I will certainly understand if I'm not allowed to participate in future Booms.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:14 AM

I forgot to post the last two blocks I did.

This is for Klaws. It was suppose to come out much bigger than it did. So I added a border. I added a zig zag border which was too big. Couldn't cut it down without it looking bad. so I took it off and decided to go simple. At first I added a black border which I really liked. Then when I went back to read her requests....opps, no black. So I took that off and added white. Not my best work but I really ran out of ideas and time on this one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]582544[/ATTACH]

This one is for Joenelizbay. I really like the way this one turned out.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]582546[/ATTACH]

I really had alot of fun with this swap and learned so much! Several times I went outside my comfort zone and was surprised at the results. Can't wait to make up the quilt with all the blocks everyone made for me.
Attached Thumbnails klaws.jpg   joanelizbay.jpg  
Old 10-20-2017, 08:28 AM

I made all my fabric 18X21. LOL... glad I learned it 18x11. Going to pick and cut my fabric for the next BOOM!
Old 10-20-2017, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Marlenab and everyone else, the problem is not that the package will be a day late, it's that due to my schedule, I will not be able to prep much in advance of my scheduled Wednesday mailing and prep is everything unless I want to send Jaba's to JayneW, and Jayne's to Joanelizbay and so on. (Almost happened once when I hurried. That was not a good time.) I'm going out of town and I will not even get the package until Tuesday at the earliest maybe not until Wednesday. I put a huge amount of thought into dates and I completely work my schedule around them. Please, please, please...dates are FIRM. Marlenab, I know it was just a little oversight. Water, bridge, under, and all that.
Janice...and everyone...I can not stress enough how sorry I am for this huge oversight on my part. It's especially embarrassing since this is my first swap on this board. All I can say is, in the future I will mail one week early so this never happens again.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:51 AM

Don't fret about it, Marlenab. I just needed to explain why, this time, a day's delay coming is different than a normal one day delay in the event I cannot be ready on Wednesday. We're all moving on. .

Edited to add: It's always a good idea to mail a bit early if you are done. There is always a chance that even though a pkg is supposed to be delivered in two days, it can get hung up for many reasons. We've had a number of packages go to a town with a similar zip code in GA and then sit for 4 or 5 days while I and the sender are calling that post office and faxing them to get it moving again. Happens at least once or twice every swap.
Janice...and everyone...I can not stress enough how sorry I am for this huge oversight on my part. It's especially embarrassing since this is my first swap on this board. All I can say is, in the future I will mail one week early so this never happens again.

Last edited by Janice McC; 10-20-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:03 AM

Marlenab - Beautiful Blocks! I love both of them.

I forgot to post the last two blocks I did.

This is for Klaws. It was suppose to come out much bigger than it did. So I added a border. I added a zig zag border which was too big. Couldn't cut it down without it looking bad. so I took it off and decided to go simple. At first I added a black border which I really liked. Then when I went back to read her requests....opps, no black. So I took that off and added white. Not my best work but I really ran out of ideas and time on this one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]582544[/ATTACH]

This one is for Joenelizbay. I really like the way this one turned out.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]582546[/ATTACH]

I really had alot of fun with this swap and learned so much! Several times I went outside my comfort zone and was surprised at the results. Can't wait to make up the quilt with all the blocks everyone made for me.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:54 AM

Marlena your last 2 blocks are great.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:06 PM
Power Poster

Good luck with the sale of your home and move, Klaws! It does sound exciting. Come visit us in the next Boom, even if you can't play.

Wow Janice, we each have our own box! Your system looks very organized to me. Thanks for the trouble you take.

Marlena, one thing that really helps not get lost in a swap is to subscribe to the swap thread, and then come and read the posts at least every other day, if you can. There has been lots of talk about the swap ending and you would have been reminded a bunch. When you log on here, you can click on 'settings' at the top of the page and it will show you all of your subscribed threads that have new posts. It's a great way to keep up, but not everybody knows about it. No judgement, just something you might want to do next time around.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:44 PM

Thanks to the vagaries of the USPS, Hav4boys's package is "somewhere", will NOT be delivered today after all and Marlenab, you can relax even more. Now we're on hold until next week to see when they'll show up. What a turn of events and proof that 2 day shipping isn't a sure thing. Until next week folks.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:51 PM

I mailed on Tuesday but may have not picked up since it was late afternoon. When I check the website... says it will be delivered by 8 pm tonight. So sorry, I hate that I am holding things up.