Boom 19 - Autumn

Old 07-03-2017, 09:15 AM

I do not have an email.

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Everyone should have received an email from me. Please hit reply so I know you have it and presumably have read it. Btw, if you are in both groups, you only need to reply once. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2017, 09:21 AM

I am new to the Boom. This is my first and I am dong both Autumn and Summer.

This summer... I will be leaving July 17-27 for a cruise to Alaska for my birthday. We are leaving from San Francisco. I have never been on a cruise and a bit worried about sea sickness.

I am currently making bandanna bibs for my new and only grandchild. Steven "Hyde" was born on Feb. 4. I love being a grammy. I am working a purple quilt with the Summer sew-a-long (under challenges) and a red, white, and blue quilt witht he Rest and refreshing group (under challenges), the BOM quilt, and a red. black , and music note fabric quilt for my BF's daughter. All will be done by Christmas. Everyone is getting a quilt from me for Christmas.

I am the mom to 4 grown sons. My eldest is married and they have my grandson.

That is about it.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:46 AM

Welcome to all our new Boomers. I've been doing the Booms since Boom 10. LOVE every single one of them! I've been a little slow this spring, getting over some surgery. I have decided that I WILL feel better and get on with life.
I head up a charity program with our church making pillowcase dresses for our mission trips to South America. My dear friend heads up the pattern-made dresses. This is our third year doing this and we love participating in it.
I have 4 great-grandchildren and 6 grandchildren, along with 2 daughters and 1 son. They are my everything. I make my quilts for them. I'm about to gain a granddaughter-in-law, so one of these quilts will be for her.
My advice to the new Boomers- Just relax, ask any question at all and have fun. Oh, and we love chatting and pictures of what you're making !
Old 07-03-2017, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Good morning boomers!

Here is my fabric for the swap! I'm excited to make my first Christmas quilt! I'm not entirely sure what "requests" I'm going to make... probably just to use shades of green and red from the fabric. What I'm not sure is if I should also include white? Thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]575771[/ATTACH]
My thoughts are that you have enough dark green in your background, and for contrast you need the lighter green, red, and yes, white. You also have pink and gold in that print, which may look good too. It's just up to you and what you want your finished quilt to look like. What colors do you want to see?

Another thing to consider is if you will use sashing to connect the blocks. If so, you may want to tell people not to use your sashing color. For instance, if you chose gold for sashings, you might tell us not to use gold, or it may blend into the sashing. Just a little bit to think about, some pre-planning, and you'll be good to go!

Love your Christmas fabric, BTW!
Old 07-03-2017, 11:02 AM

I was trying to post my fabric and my computer kept rejecting it. That is why my message isn't complete. I did try to delete it! Welcome new Boomers! This is my second boom.
Learned a lot in the first one. My fabric is all ready to mail. I'm also going to make a couple of quilts in my bucket list!
Also trying to finish some UFO'S.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:18 AM

PLEASE EMAIL TRACKING NUMBERS. Do not post them online. Thanks, everyone!
Old 07-03-2017, 11:23 AM

Marija, sometimes posting pix is very difficult. In my experience, the main reason for rejection is too big a file size. Shrink them to 200kb or under and it MAY solve the problem.
Originally Posted by marija View Post
I was trying to post my fabric and my computer kept rejecting it. That is why my message isn't complete. I did try to delete it! Welcome new Boomers! This is my second boom.
Learned a lot in the first one. My fabric is all ready to mail. I'm also going to make a couple of quilts in my bucket list!
Also trying to finish some UFO'S.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:40 AM

Marija,

Not sure if this is what the problem is, but I also had a tough time trying to post. I had my picture saved as a jpeg and it wouldn't work. Changed the file type to jpg and it was fine. Hope that helps
Old 07-03-2017, 12:07 PM

I really would like to get my fabric mailed today. Anyone available to send me an message with the address?
Old 07-03-2017, 12:39 PM

here is my latest Trash to Treasure welding class project
Attached Thumbnails owl.jpg