Boom 19 - Autumn

Old 07-03-2017, 01:41 PM

Jane I think adding white would be a nice contrast. I am at work so I will post a message about myself tomorrow when I get home, and who knows I may be able to scare up a nakkid chick pic.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:45 PM

Here is a picture of my boom fabric (flip flops) . I am also going to send some yellow fabric to go with it (shown) and ask for Wow (white on white) to go with it. I have also included the fabric I'm going to use for sashing ( flowers).

Question: how much of the yellow fabric should I send ? Jaba your last boom quilt turned out similar to what I'm looking for. This will be A Hawaiian quilt for someone who has been kind to our family.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]575799[/ATTACH]This is what 18 of you will get. One person will get the Day of the Dead fabric from last time. I hope uts a new person.
Attached Thumbnails img_0020.jpg  
Old 07-03-2017, 02:49 PM

Marija if you bring your fabric to class on Friday I'll take a picture and post it.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:51 PM

I'm not Jaba but the green fabric she sent with her focus fabric was just bigger then 12.5 (I think 13 or 13.5 square) I remember b/c I was thrilled to learn it was big enough to use whole and applique the pieced almost Lucy Boston on top.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:04 PM

Ok Kass. If you're thrilled I'm thrilled
Old 07-03-2017, 09:01 PM

Welcome to the new boomers. I think Boom 8 was my first boom and I join everyone that my schedule allows. I love working with different fabrics and trying new blocks. I just finished a bookshelf quilt, which is posted in the sign up thread. I am currently working on a patriotic block swap.
I just bought a Ken Lund frame and will attempt my first quilt on it after I get back from vacation. My family, which consists of DH, DS-17, and DS-15, along with 2 other families are going to the Mammoth/Twin Lakes area in the Sierras looking for a little relief from this SoCal triple digit heat.

MJP, I love your fabric. I bought some of the floral when I was in Hawaii several years ago. Still don't have a plan for it. maybe your quilt will inspire me.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:10 AM

Hi everyone, I have done several booms, but not for a while now. Me and my bestie started a quilting business and we have been very busy. We custom make family tree wall hanging/lap throws, growth charts, and about anything anyone wants. We made enough to buy us a longarm so that was exciting.
I haven't had much time to quilt for the last 6 weeks as I have been taking care of my mom. Hoping to get back to it soon. Sent out my f8 on Monday. Tried posting a photo but wouldn't work for me. I will be honest, I don't get on the board everyday. I will try to stay connected. Can't wait to get everyones fabrics. Have fun with mine.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:05 AM

Well I was looking for the previous post about ourselves b/c I was just going to copy it and add the latest, but I couldn't find it so I'll start from scratch. I am in my late 40's, been married for about 26 years to my husband, Gary. We do not have any children, but plenty of nieces and nephews. We live in eastern Oklahoma, also called "Green country" lots of hills, trees, lakes and rivers. We live in a small town so I can have chickens and garden. I love to both veggie and flower garden. We have naked neck chickens and scaleless, the scaleless are featherless, I make clothes for them for the winter. My major other hobby besides quilting is photography, I love nature and macro photography.

I work as a paramedic, it is stressful both physically and emotionally but I really love it (most days). Like almost everyone in medicine I tend towards a darker, slightly twisted (usually inappropriate according to my husband) sense of humor to deal w/ the stress.

As far as quilting I love experimenting looking at things a little different then "normal", I love fussy cutting and use it every chance I get. I tend towards those blocks that are a little more "piecey" or unusual in some way. I love figuring out a design and how to make it from a picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]575828[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]575829[/ATTACH]
This is Phyllis she wanted to be a mom, so I made her a maternity dress so she could keep eggs and chicks warm.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]575832[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails afm2.jpeg   amat.jpg   dsc_0758.jpg  
Old 07-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Love the birds, Kass. So, is the chick one of Phyllis'?

It's amazing how big their feet look when they don't have any feathers.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:17 AM

Kassaundra, Your picture of the chicken in the maternity dress made my day.