Boom 19 - Autumn

Old 07-05-2017, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
klaws, your dolls are fabulous! Would love to order one from you for my little grand daughter. Will talk to you when I get back to Florida in October.
Sure, we can talk and maybe barter???
Old 07-05-2017, 06:38 PM

[QUOTE=Libster;7858246]Thank you. This is a top for my great-granddaughter's quilt that I'm making around this block. The top will measure about 40" X40". Hope her Mom will like it.[/

Libster, I love the pink too. Are the hearts appliqued?
Old 07-05-2017, 06:49 PM

[QUOTE=annt59;7858527]
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Thank you. This is a top for my great-granddaughter's quilt that I'm making around this block. The top will measure about 40" X40". Hope her Mom will like it.[/

Libster, I love the pink too. Are the hearts appliqued?

The hearts are machine appliqued. I sew a strip of background and a strip of the focus fabric together, press the seam open and use fusible for the hearts. I folded a piece of freezer paper and cut my heart the size I wanted it, then traced it onto the fusible. All this block is, is 4 HSTs plus 4 hearts appliqued on after the HSTs are joined to make the pinwheel. Simple, fast, and I think, looks pretty good.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:19 PM

If I have something to barter for you, you bet that will work! Let me know
Old 07-06-2017, 04:37 AM

Here is the picture of the fabric I have chose for this swap.[ATTACH=CONFIG]575949[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mvc-010s.jpg  
Old 07-06-2017, 04:46 AM

Reminder! Everyone has 20 minutes from the time of your post to delete it. Go to "edit post" just below your post, find delete and hit it.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:56 AM

No panicking! Breathe!!! You will have your hands full for the next few months but it'll be fine. Remember not to overdo and if not everything is done exactly right or on time, it'll get done eventually. Or it won't. As long as you and the baby are fine, all is good with the world.
Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Hi everyone! I'm still lurking away here All your fabrics from both groups are looking lovely and like so much fun to work with. It was prudent that I didn't sign up even though it was SOoooo tempting! We have been looking for a larger house with at least 3 rooms to rent and it looks like one right across the street will be available next month. Whew! So we could be moving here really soon, and at nine months pregnant, in the heart of canning season! I'm trying not to panic too much
Old 07-06-2017, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

Those are some happy, pretty pansies, Cheesehead. It will be fun to play with them.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:12 AM

So excited. Just got a call -my quilters friend is bringing 2 quilts to me Saturday finished...and picking up 3 more I have to be quilted. One of those is the fabric in Libsters avatar! Cant wait to see it. My dIL says its the prettiest one shes seen so far.. Thanks again all of you who made blocks for me!!
Old 07-06-2017, 09:42 AM

NZ quilter: I had a time like that. My second (colicky) child was born. The day after he was born my husband interviewed for a job and got it. We moved from Los Angeles to San Diego (~90 miles) 6 weeks later. Very unexpected. It was definitely the right move. We had a 3 year old and the elementary school she would've gone to had gangs in it!

We sold a house, rented one in San Diego for 3 months and then moved into the house we bought in San Diego. My husband told the new work place that he didn't want his wife to have to do anything and movers came and did do the whole two moves for us but it was still a lot of work, to get the house ready to be shown for sale, set up the rental and the new house etc. The real estate agent was amazed at how 'good' we got the house looking clearing out the clutter to the garage. The garage was a complete mess though. We slightly underpriced the house and it sold quickly. My husband had to go to San Diego for two weeks without us and I was on my own.

My parents came from NY to watch the 3 year old while we house hunted. I was nursing the baby so he had to come with us, and besides he was a little pip and I didn't want to inflict him on my 75 year old parents. Right before we moved in to the San Diego house we bought, my father came with his plumbing kit to fix the sinks, because every one of them leaked. He had been a plumber's helper in the 1930's He said not much had changed since then.

My husband did have the right approach: When he called before he came home from work for the next 6 months he wouldn't ask what are we having for dinner, he would ask where should I stop and pick up dinner?

It's still all a blur but it was worth it. The kids went to much better schools. The colicky baby is now 25 and a delightful son. He visits from San Francisco whenever we need help. Helped my husband make a murphy bed and helped with a big music party we had in the past two months.

It's going to be a tough 6 months but it sounds like it will be worth it when its over. And if you're like me, you won't remember the details much. One blurry day after another. My motto is "it'll never be noticed on a galloping horse and that's the only kind I ride'. That helped too. Do not worry about perfection. You can do it.

Can this count as my bio Janice?