Boom 19 - Autumn

Old 07-05-2017, 11:30 AM

Libster, it is a stunner!
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Thank you for the compliment! I named it Pinwheel Hearts, Ann. I know, really creative, right?? LOL Joanelizbay sent some gorgeous fabric for her F8s in the last Boom. I couldn't stand the thought of chopping it up so I decided to make a block with as large pieces as possible. When I finished making the windmill, it looked so plain that I decided to dress it up a little. I kinda' like the way it turned out. I've turned the hearts both ways, but I think I like this way best This block does show off that gorgeous fabric.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:36 AM

Hi everyone! I'm still lurking away here All your fabrics from both groups are looking lovely and like so much fun to work with. It was prudent that I didn't sign up even though it was SOoooo tempting! We have been looking for a larger house with at least 3 rooms to rent and it looks like one right across the street will be available next month. Whew! So we could be moving here really soon, and at nine months pregnant, in the heart of canning season! I'm trying not to panic too much

Last edited by NZquilter; 07-05-2017 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Silly old autocorrect
Old 07-05-2017, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Libster, it is a stunner!

Thank you. This is a top for my great-granddaughter's quilt that I'm making around this block. The top will measure about 40" X40". Hope her Mom will like it.
Attached Thumbnails 101_0436-2-.jpg  
Old 07-05-2017, 12:23 PM

Beautiful!! I do love the pinwheel hearts! Pregnant...oh my..in dead of summer..you have my sympathies!! I hope you join us next boom!!
Old 07-05-2017, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Hi everyone! I'm still lurking away here All your fabrics from both groups are looking lovely and like so much fun to work with. It was prudent that I didn't sign up even though it was SOoooo tempting! We have been looking for a larger house with at least 3 rooms to rent and it looks like one right across the street will be available next month. Whew! So we could be moving here really soon, and at nine months pregnant, in the heart of canning season! I'm trying not to panic too much
Oh, for sure! Just keep visiting and be SURE you post some pics of that baby when it hatches...
Old 07-05-2017, 12:31 PM

klaws, your dolls are fabulous! Would love to order one from you for my little grand daughter. Will talk to you when I get back to Florida in October.
Kass is right, I sent a piece that was 13 1/2" square, thinking it could be a block size if someone wanted to fussy cut and applique or that it would be big enough for half square triangles etc. I kind of went through different blocks and knew it would be enough for anything that was made. Hope that helps you decide
Old 07-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Marlenab View Post
I was considering doing a christmas quilt but didn't know if it was appropriate to send holiday fabrics.
Oh yes! We love everything....
Old 07-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Power Poster

Love your pink center block, Libster! Beautiful, and a great idea. MAN, are you on the ball!
Old 07-05-2017, 12:41 PM

LOL Gotta' have something to do before the F8s come back! It's to darn hot to do anything outside. Thank you to whoever invented the AC.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:44 PM

My fabric went out today. Janice the email for the tracking number came from my husband's email incase you didn't recognize the name or addy.

How about The Autumnals?

I can't think of much in the way of fabrics that hasn't been sent, christmas, all kinds of kids, fishes, cats, beer, tie die, animal prints, stripes, music, ballerina, crazy brights, pastels, etc.... and I'm sure a lot I'm forgetting