Boom 19 - Summer

Old 07-08-2017, 11:27 AM

I hate being last. But I guess someone has to be.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:39 AM

GramE - How are you last?
I really like your avatar. Do you mind if I copy the idea, if not the pattern? I'm sending a floral fabric which is part of a coordinating collection. I want to set the 12 blocks I receive on point like you did and fill in with the other fabrics in the set. Of course, all these requests will be on the paper I send in the baggie. Which I hope to get mailed on Monday.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576090[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails all2pieces-summer_20170708.jpg  

Last edited by All2Pieces; 07-08-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:53 AM

I got the filler blocks from Bibliostone. 4 1/2" strip of white & 2 1/2" strip of orange sewn together & cut into 6 1/2" squares. I do believe it is a great idea, as in my case to soften intense color, or to make your quilt bigger. I think Kass has done it too, but not sure what kind of block she uses.

I'll probably be last mailing mine. Everything is ready but 5 bags, I ran out of one extra fabric. My mind musta been calculating on a dead battery that day!

Love your fabric!
Old 07-08-2017, 02:39 PM

Sorry not me, I have not used that setting block.
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
I got the filler blocks from Bibliostone. 4 1/2" strip of white & 2 1/2" strip of orange sewn together & cut into 6 1/2" squares. I do believe it is a great idea, as in my case to soften intense color, or to make your quilt bigger. I think Kass has done it too, but not sure what kind of block she uses.

I'll probably be last mailing mine. Everything is ready but 5 bags, I ran out of one extra fabric. My mind musta been calculating on a dead battery that day!

Love your fabric!
Old 07-08-2017, 03:05 PM

I got my two quilts back today and put the binding on them. Im not sure what boom the blue one is from. The other one is all the 12 Zodiac signs. Not sure who used the zodiac F8 in one of the swaps but gave me the idea to get all 12 and make a quilt. I wish my cell phone took better pictures! My best friend was here for the weekend and wanted to take the blue one home with her!
Attached Thumbnails horoscope-2.jpg   boom-17.jpg   boom-17-2.jpg  
Old 07-08-2017, 03:07 PM

Summer ladies, don't worry I think I am going to be last. But cutting fabric this evening. My prayers for those with illness and health concerns. Praise for those that have improved. I didn't get my fabric cut last weekend because I really wanted to get a focus wall painted, and I succeeded on the 4th. This weekend is painting the trim, but doesn't look like I will get it in this weekend.

This is my 4th or 5th BOOM. Have sat the last few out as still working full time and it is very hectic to say the least. I was inspired to get with it again because at my guilds quilt retreat I was setting some blocks from a previous BOOM. It is a great mind mender to forget about all other stuff in my life. This is the first time in the 2 month group so I have to stay on the ball. But no travel for July or August for work. September is another story. I am still working, live with two feline girls. No kids or sweeties so I act like I rule the roost but it is really the cats. Working on some remodeling so the sewing room is a mess as the living area stuff is still stuffed in there.

Looking for all the great fabric and chatting. Welcome to all the newbies and lurkers!
Old 07-08-2017, 03:35 PM

Love the feathers and floral fabric ladies.

Joan both of your quilts are fabulous

We are going home tomorrow and if hubby remembers the envelope it will be going out Monday AM. Janice I will send you tracking number then
Old 07-08-2017, 03:37 PM

Joan very pretty quilts. I remember the blue fabric one, but don't remember if it was in my group or just had seen the pics of everyone's blocks. I remember it was the same fabric as someone's orange.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

A2P, love your pretty floral... all those colors to play with!

Joan, both quilts are beautiful. I see my block in the boom quilt. Don't remember if I contributed two to that one, but I did find one... the one with all the birds in flight.

Don't worry too much about being last, ladies. A bunch of us will have to wait on the Autumn group anyway, before we get both sent back to us in one package. Seems like we will still have everything in early.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:04 PM

The last worm isn't as likely to get eaten!