Boom 19 - Summer

Old 07-18-2017, 07:25 PM

Got my tracking number!!!
Old 07-19-2017, 06:14 AM

GramE where did you buy your electronic copy of the 100 blocks
Old 07-19-2017, 07:27 AM

GramE, what is the name of the block in the top right hand corner? Actually, can you give me the names of ALL the blocks on the top row? (The more I look, the more I find ones I like!!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576560[/ATTACH]
This is the blocks I made for my first Boom!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:46 AM

Good morning! Packages of F8s will start arriving for some today. Please count your F8s and make sure you have everything you are expecting. Also, if you are in both groups, please make sure you don't mix the two groups up. It's helpful to have a printout of everyone's name and check off the blocks as they are made. As you make your beautiful blocks, you'll want to post your block pix to the right group's thread. Try to remember to SHRINK all pix to 200 kb or smaller and post the owner's name. It'll make it much easier for me to move them into the gallery if you do that. I will TRY to add your pix to the gallery within a few days but in the beginning, we can be very picture heavy and it's sometimes difficult to keep up with your production. If after 4 or 5 days you don't find your pic in the gallery, email me with a copy and I'll add it. Also, if you spot a mistake in the gallery, maybe someone else's name on a block, please let me know also by email. Mistakes take priority over new pix on my to-do list.

Thanks, everyone. I look forward to seeing your beautiful work.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by mrshalibut View Post
GramE, what is the name of the block in the top right hand corner? Actually, can you give me the names of ALL the blocks on the top row? (The more I look, the more I find ones I like!!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576560[/ATTACH]
This is the blocks I made for my first Boom!
Ha, ha. I kinda made that one up. So maybe we will call it, Ooops. It is 1/2 LeMoyne stars set with a triangle on the bottom instead of the other half of the star! I back into a lot of blocks. I start on one path & wind up somewhere I was not going. I'm not good at following directions. I also use Inklingo, a program that prints the shapes onto your fabric with your computer printer. I think 9 of those blocks are at least partially hand sewn Inklingo blocks. I was so happy that the first block I made this time was not Inklingo. (I love Inklingo, it has saved my sanity here in my old age) but I like sitting at the machine. And I just finished a hand sewn quilt top. Ready for some machine sewing. Ironically, I am now waiting on my DIL so we can go pick out some fabric for a Hunter's Star, yes, hand sewn.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:55 AM

I love the ones you make that I call Waltzing Matilda, esp the purple one! I have the first 2 100 blocks on a disk that I bought from the magazine. I'm pretty sure you can buy all of the on disk or download . I cant for the life of me think of the name of the magazine that makes it but if you type in 100 blocks it will take you there.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:09 AM

Thank you Kass. An adjuster is supposed to be coming today then I can take car where I want as long as they agree to estimate. We will go back to where I originally went if their estimate is within reason and pay the difference. Not going to sit and wait a few weeks.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
GramE where did you buy your electronic copy of the 100 blocks

I believe it is Quilt and Sew. They are only 1.99 a copy. and you just save them to a PDF file or log into your acct with them and look at them.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:22 PM

Glad it is getting fixed quicker
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Thank you Kass. An adjuster is supposed to be coming today then I can take car where I want as long as they agree to estimate. We will go back to where I originally went if their estimate is within reason and pay the difference. Not going to sit and wait a few weeks.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:00 PM

GramE, I was going to be mean and wait until I got the wow fabric to post another pic of your block, but here it is w/o the background. Hope you like it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576826[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_1114.jpg