Boom 19 - Summer

Old 08-16-2017, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

Nice block for GramE, Libster...

Maybe we should clarify, for the sake of the newbies, that these "bonus blocks" we are making are NOT part of the swap requirement. Some of us are fanatics who can't get enough block-making, and if we have enough focus fabric left over we tend to make another block! But... no one is expected to do this. It's just a bonus. If someone has made you a bonus, you are not expected to reciprocate.... unless you just can't help yourself. LOL.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:07 PM

Hey can we go down a rabbit trail so I can put off addressing two seams that are quite at odds with each other?

Any football people here? Tomorrow, Thursday night, my grandson will be a part of the Color Guard at the Jacksonville Jaguars football game on ESPN. I'm so excited. He's been doing it for indoor football in Jacksonville for a few months and last weekend he had the privilege of holding colors at a veteran's gravesite ceremony. He's always on the left as you are looking at them. I'm so excited for him!

I'm so excited for him because 2 years ago, I thought maybe he was gonna be sleeping all day and playing video games all night for the rest of his life and now he is a Coastie! And he loves it. (I'll leave out the part about moving 1,000 miles away) The Coast Guard is taking good care of him and teaching him things he never knew he could do or be interested in. He has a girlfriend who is a responsible adult. Her dad is an ex-Marine and she cooks from scratch! She takes him to garage sales & thrift stores and he follows her anywhere. He's loving his life right now. I could have never anticipated that. I know God answers prayers, and this is an answered one! Hallelujah!

I put his sweet face on my avatar for a couple of days. ❤️

Thanks for listening!

Those seams still don't match. I think I wake up in the morning & my brain says let's go find the most difficult quilt block there is & try to make it. Me & my brain don't agree on that one!

Last edited by GramE; 08-16-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:24 PM

Hip hip hooray for your grandson. I am a football nut but not sure if we will be home tomorrow night.

This gives me hope for my 23 year old grandson.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:37 PM

terriamn, less sore now, thank heavens! sewbiz I rarely clean either, another vise for me...my cleaning lady. But this was just too much so I had to get it done. And you are so right about those bonus blocks, for me I just love making them and gives me lots of practice. Another important thing is I am retired also and don't have to worry about getting everything done plus a full time job. Makes a lot of difference.
The last of the blocks were done this morning and afternoon, now I really need to straighten up and clean my sewing room. Little bits of fabric and thread from one end of the floor to the other terriamn here's another block for you[ATTACH=CONFIG]578988[/ATTACH]By the way you sent plenty of fabric and I love it!! sewbiz, you are the last but not least, these 2 are for you[ATTACH=CONFIG]578990[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]578991[/ATTACH]
terriamn that side swap we discussed for our friend...these are the 2 I will send[ATTACH=CONFIG]578992[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]578993[/ATTACH] Had to change my avatar also, it's that time of the year and the Bronco's won last night! yea! Okay off to clean
Attached Thumbnails dscf3620.jpg   dscf3621.jpg   dscf3622.jpg   dscf3623.jpg   dscf3624.jpg  

Old 08-16-2017, 02:05 PM

Ok, Terri. If you don't need that daisy block just send it my way! Beautiful Jaba!
Old 08-16-2017, 02:23 PM

Great blocks ladies, Jaba I LOVE the blue wood grain fabric. I am a huge Doctor Who fan as most of you know, well I was making a TARDIS block but didn't have blue wood grain fabric so I layered 3 layers of fabric for each and every piece of the TARDIS (black + 2 layers of blue chiffon and white + 2 layers of blue chiffon) to get that wood grain look. Well a wonderful quilting lady I participated in swaps w/ on the chicken site I'm on (who lives in England ) sent me some blue wood grain so I made a second TARDIS of course!!!! lol
Old 08-16-2017, 02:38 PM

Kass, do you have a pattern, or just fly but the seat of your pants? Which actually works pretty well for you! I've seen some and they are similar but each seems to have a uniqueness to it. My g'daughter is a Dr Who fan.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:03 PM

I have the paper piecing patterns. Two amazing designers posted them several years ago and I saved them to my computer. They are free can't be sold b/c of I.P. and copy right laws. I will ask Gary how to send you the files, what is your real email addy I would link you to the original site but I think I remember they removed the patterns I will see if that is true since a link would be so much easier.
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Kass, do you have a pattern, or just fly but the seat of your pants? Which actually works pretty well for you! I've seen some and they are similar but each seems to have a uniqueness to it. My g'daughter is a Dr Who fan.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:03 PM

I do fly by the seat of my pants a lot but these are intense patterns!
Old 08-16-2017, 03:07 PM

Here is a link to one of the designers pages, but I don't see any of her DW (or other fandom work) http://www.whimsandfancies.com/