Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 01-30-2018, 10:41 AM

FYI, we've had about 400 people go to the gallery to look at the pix this week. People who have visited twice or more are counted only once if they are on the same device. If they are on separate devices, it counts as different people. Just thought you should know others, besides us, are looking at your beautiful blocks.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:39 PM

Billi, lovely blocks. As usual! Thanks for sharing them. I’ve put them in with libster’s hummingbird blocks.
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Hi ladies I just caught up with all the blocks being shared. So many beauties I'm truly enjoying keeping tabs on you guys and seeing all the hard work and wonderful blocks being made.

Libster here are my blocks for you first is what I call boxed star and I swear that is a c.o.c. it's on the light side but it is creams.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588080[/ATTACH]

This next one I call checkered past this is not what I started with but it's what it became when seam matching was not happening.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588081[/ATTACH]

Finally a bonus block of sorts that I call it almost worked [ATTACH=CONFIG]588082[/ATTACH]
You will notice that there a a couple of strips of fabric hanging next to it well that because somehow I got something on the sides of the block that could not be removed It had to be cut away. I was going to add the darker cream border but thought that may be too scrappy for your vision. I didn't know if adding same cream would look the best and god knows I don't have any of your focus fabric left to make a border. So I thought I would send you options just in case you want to use this one too.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:45 PM

I had a looong and horrible day yesterday at work, came home and only got a short nap (woke up and am so tired couldn't go back to sleep) So I decided to putter w/ the star wars block. Work on the simple elements, but couldn't make my brain do the math, so then I thought ............ silly woman just do those a paper pieced parts 3 screw ups later (none w/ the star wars fabric thankfully) I just turned off the machine and walked away.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=sewbizgirl;7992666]Here are some more blocks I've made.

An improvised modern block for Traveling Gramma. Hope this is what you had in mind, TG!

thank you - this is one quilt that anything goes. Love it - thank you
Old 01-30-2018, 03:21 PM

Kass - I am feeling your pain - I had insomnia last night - and I couldn't even read.
But today I did get a block done for Libster. Had to go to LQS to get a cream. I am never sure what is cream or beige or off white so needed help!!
Attached Thumbnails libster1.jpg  
Old 01-30-2018, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

Billi, what gorgeous Libster blocks you made! Her poinsettia quilt is going to be so pretty.

TG, your block out of Libster's floral is a beauty, too. I've never seen one like it. Totally new pattern, to me.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
I really worked on QuiltAddict's fabric. Went through my patterns, measuring and calculating and finally decided on a pineapple. I did notice afterwards that the B was cut off
Very pretty traveling grandma!
Old 01-30-2018, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
LJD, I finished your block, once I started I was so excited to see how it was going to turn out I just kept going. I have to say it is my favorite so far of the ones I have made. (shhh don't tell the other blocks though) It turned out exactly as I visioned it in my head

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587974[/ATTACH]

My vision was color only in the center w/ the "frame" colors getting darker as they radiated out.
Beautiful job Kassaundra! I think you made exactly what you envisioned.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:39 PM

I'm sorry to hear it was such a bad day. Some days can only be resolved by walking away from everything to decompress. Hope your next work day is better!
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I had a looong and horrible day yesterday at work, came home and only got a short nap (woke up and am so tired couldn't go back to sleep) So I decided to putter w/ the star wars block. Work on the simple elements, but couldn't make my brain do the math, so then I thought ............ silly woman just do those a paper pieced parts 3 screw ups later (none w/ the star wars fabric thankfully) I just turned off the machine and walked away.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:51 PM

I love coming to this thread. It always has pretty new blocks in it.
The pineapple is gorgeous!

I have completed another block. This one is for Hav4boys. This is my first curved seam block. I hope you like it. It came out a bit more masculine than I anticipated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588109[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 0a7b1705-0980-47c1-b493-7540ff165770.jpeg