Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 01-04-2018, 06:31 PM

I received my EQ8 (Electronic Quilt 8) today and have discovered it can be used on two computers legally. If you would like to be blessed with the serial and password so you can download it, please PM me and I will draw a name Saturday morning from all that are interested. Thought I would share my blessing.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
I received my EQ8 (Electronic Quilt 8) today and have discovered it can be used on two computers legally. If you would like to be blessed with the serial and password so you can download it, please PM me and I will draw a name Saturday morning from all that are interested. Thought I would share my blessing.
Are you sure you don't have to own both computers? That's the way it is with Norton, Microsoft Office, and most everything else....
Old 01-05-2018, 05:00 AM

My second fabric is in the dryer. Hope to have it in the mail early next week.

I've been watching news coverage of the storm -- can't even imagine weather like that. I hope all of you in its path have stayed safe and warm.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:16 AM

Sewbiz, I believe what you say is correct.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Are you sure you don't have to own both computers? That's the way it is with Norton, Microsoft Office, and most everything else....
Old 01-05-2018, 07:14 AM

Please remember to email me your tracking info. I'm receiving notifications of incoming packages but don't know who sent them or if they are even for this swap.

Need to hear from NanaKathy55. NK, please check your email and reply. Thank you!

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-05-2018 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:11 AM

Also, note that it is a download and you may need it if your computer goes on fritz., You only get so many downloads of the program.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:26 AM

Just being sure I have posted on both threads my color selection. Here is my fabric. Looks darker than really is. Having to replace a quilt that nephew's dog ate. Was a Civil War swap from a few years back. Loved the quilt and it blended so nicely in my spare room. In my note, I request that you use red, brown, blue, or greens, but no bright colors. This is to be the muted hues of the Civil War era. If you have that type of fabric, fabulous, if not, just be sure they are not bright colors. Muted grayish values.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586624[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails swap-fabric.jpg  
Old 01-05-2018, 08:40 AM

Okay, I have made an error and am sincerely sorry. I sent a note to customer service asking about putting EQ8 on multiple computers. The answer was yes.

After SewBiz's remark, I looked at the website and dug deeper and found this: [h=4]I only have 1 computer. Can I let my friend use the 2nd activation?[/h]No. EQ8 is licensed to a single user. Sharing your license ID with someone is breaking the license agreement and is the same as stealing. Each user must purchase their own personal license of the software.

I must withdraw my offer since I do not want to steal from the company. I am sincerely sorry.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

Okay, I have made an error and am sincerely sorry. I sent a note to customer service asking about putting EQ8 on multiple computers. The answer was yes.

After SewBiz's remark, I looked at the website and dug deeper and found this: I only have 1 computer. Can I let my friend use the 2nd activation?

No. EQ8 is licensed to a single user. Sharing your license ID with someone is breaking the license agreement and is the same as stealing. Each user must purchase their own personal license of the software.

I must withdraw my offer since I do not want to steal from the company. I am sincerely sorry.
Hav4boys, don't beat yourself up over this. It was an offer made from a generous heart... No need to apologize!

QuilterMomma, I have tons of civil war fabric! I'm looking forward to making a CW block for you.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:26 AM

QM, I also have some civil war fabric, it will be fun to use it in a block for you

Janice right now both machines are intimidating the you know what out of me. Should have a lesson before boom fabrics get here. One of the things that sold me on this machine is the 1/4 “ accufeed food. Should make my sewing more precise. My everyday machine is the PQ1500, have had it about 20 years and it only has a straight stitch so you can imagine how all these bells and whistles are scaring me.