Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 01-05-2018, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
QM, I also have some civil war fabric, it will be fun to use it in a block for you

Janice right now both machines are intimidating the you know what out of me. Should have a lesson before boom fabrics get here. One of the things that sold me on this machine is the 1/4 “ accufeed food. Should make my sewing more precise. My everyday machine is the PQ1500, have had it about 20 years and it only has a straight stitch so you can imagine how all these bells and whistles are scaring me.
I agree... see if they offer a class for new users. Then you'll find out everything your new machine can do.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:14 AM

I would love a new machine, one that does embroidery but when I see the price of them I think maybe I don't want a new one! LOL... They would intimidate me. I have asked a couple of local quilt shops if they work on Berninas...I would like to have my sisters checked out and maybe learn to use it too instead of just my old trusty Singer. I sure would love an embroidery machine though... $$ = need though??
Old 01-05-2018, 12:34 PM

Terriamn, if I asked for a show of hands from those Boomers who know you who believe you’ll master the bells and whistles in good time, everyone’s hand would shoot up. Zero worries here. .
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
QM, I also have some civil war fabric, it will be fun to use it in a block for you

Janice right now both machines are intimidating the you know what out of me. Should have a lesson before boom fabrics get here. One of the things that sold me on this machine is the 1/4 “ accufeed food. Should make my sewing more precise. My everyday machine is the PQ1500, have had it about 20 years and it only has a straight stitch so you can imagine how all these bells and whistles are scaring me.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:03 PM

Hey Terriann, for my new Pfaff Creative Sensation I got a couple years ago, I bought it second hand so I was not offered any free lessons, which any dealer would gladly give you, i checked out You Tube. Who knew I would learn how to operate my machine by YouTube. Check it out, they may have a video for you to get started at least. There are still lots of bells to chime on mine, but I am at least using it.
Oh, and so love my Bernina.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:07 PM

Jaba, D.Henson, Libster and Sewbizgirl, each of you likely received an email stating that your package was refused by me. It’s an error. The mail carrier must have hit the wrong button on her scanner. A package from each of you is in my hands. No worries. All is well! (I’ll mention this to her tomorrow if she’s working on Saturday. She’s usually 110 percent on the ball.)
Old 01-05-2018, 03:46 PM

Spent 4 hours trying to send a design from my computer to the sewing machine and no luck. I have a formatting problem. Gave up and tried a design on machine and that sewed out great. Think I will call the dealer and see if their embroidery lady will be in. Tomorrow I will give the regular machine a go.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:12 PM

I have all confidence in you, Terri. You will conquer both of those machines in no time and be turning out gorgeous things! Just go ahead and color me a vivid green. LOL Guess I'll just plug along on my old Kenmore.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:50 PM

I bought an embroidery machine 8 months ago and still have not used it. I have bought about $500 of designs with the hope I will sit down and just use it. It is on my list for my vacation in February.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:52 PM

Terriamn, I don't know you yet, and I'm completely confident you'll have no problem. I've been sewing nearly my whole life and every unfamiliar machine scares me. One scared me so much I hardly used it for 6 months. Once I calmed down, I enjoyed it like all the others.

I never worried about user classes until the ones with built-in computers showed up. Now I'm thinking of retaking the classes for my newest that I've had for 18 months just to review some of the advanced features I've forgotten about! It's amazing how much info they can jam into a 2-day class.

Now if someone had classes on smartphones, I'd be first in line there too! lol
Old 01-05-2018, 05:52 PM

Figured out my problem. Was showing hubby what I had tried and swiped page 2 quite by accident and whole there was the design. Had a good laugh and sure hope I can find the design again tomorrow. This is the design I stitched out that was programmed in the computer. Really didn’t expect the learning curve to be this different. But with all your votes of confidence how can I fail

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586642[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 502daec2-5775-4cfb-8495-5d8e4cad116f.jpeg