Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 01-04-2018, 10:08 AM

I received and replied to the email. The quail is the California state bird, although I think seagull would be more appropriate, but no one asked me. Now all I have to do is choose my fabric....
Old 01-04-2018, 10:18 AM

Ladies I think I have decided to buy the sewing machines I tried yesterday but so afraid I won’t be able to find that perfect scant 1/4” seam. For us quilters that is what it all boils down to.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:41 AM

I haven't sewn since mid December due to company. decided to test out a few patterns. Oh my - my machine refuses to sew a straight line. Even when using paper piecing it just veers off whenever I look up. I will have to try the other machine to see if too has issues!
Old 01-04-2018, 10:52 AM

Because I don't have a pic with both in it and I'm a Hummie. I'll switch the avatar out for a quail in a few days. Equal time and all that.
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
So Janice, why not a quail and hummingbird?
Old 01-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
I haven't sewn since mid December due to company. decided to test out a few patterns. Oh my - my machine refuses to sew a straight line. Even when using paper piecing it just veers off whenever I look up. I will have to try the other machine to see if too has issues!
Lol, you have to keep your eyes on the seam! If you find a machine that is semi-autopilot, please let me know. (Hope you won't be offended if I had a chuckle at your post.)
Old 01-04-2018, 12:36 PM

That's right. The padded ones you've ordered are "flat rate", same with many of the cardboard mailers. You can cram in as much as they will hold for the same cost. The tyvek mailers are not flat rate. I've been asked repeatedly to use them but they require a trip to the post office and each pkg will likely cost a different amount. How can I collect postage up front if the cost isn't known? That's why I use the usps priority flat rate. So everyone, please go online and order yourselves the free padded priority envelopes at usps.com. Get a set of 10. They dont take up much room and you'll be set for several Booms. I get 30 at a time. Free. We cannot expect that deal to last forever.
Originally Posted by D.Henson View Post
I couldn't find "padded envelopes" at the PO (the free ones), so I bought a padded one (1.89) and put Priority Mail sticker on it. I was surprised that the cost was over $14. to mail (bc it wasn't too heavy). I learned that you can order padded Priority Mail envelopes for free online (usps.com). Mailing in the PO Priority Mail padded envelopes would have cost $7.25 to mail. Sooooo, I ordered 15 padded envelopes and some labels this morning. Free. My F8s are on the way.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Because I don't have a pic with both in it and I'm a Hummie. I'll switch the avatar out for a quail in a few days. Equal time and all that.
That is too funny. Yeah, you are on the hummingbird side of life. It is adorable. Reminds me of one that was at my friend's cabin last summer.
So the label for the baggie should read:

QuilterMomma
Boom 20: Quail

Is this right? Do I need anymore before I print them out?
Old 01-04-2018, 01:44 PM

That's fine for the F8s. You can even leave out the Boom 20 bc there's only one Boom at a time. The group name is helpful.

When you send out completed blocks in the owners' packets, make sure that a label is on there as well, saying something such as "made by QM" with the owner's name visible too.

Don't forget to put a drscription of your requests, if you have any, inside each packet.

Thank you for asking!
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
That is too funny. Yeah, you are on the hummingbird side of life. It is adorable. Reminds me of one that was at my friend's cabin last summer.
So the label for the baggie should read:

QuilterMomma
Boom 20: Quail
Is this right? Do I need anymore before I print them out?
Old 01-04-2018, 02:25 PM

mjpEncinitas, I sent you an email but it was rejected again by your server. It doesn't seem to like my email address. Your blocks arrived in good order. . First ones in!
Old 01-04-2018, 06:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Ladies I think I have decided to buy the sewing machines I tried yesterday but so afraid I won’t be able to find that perfect scant 1/4” seam. For us quilters that is what it all boils down to.
Have fun with your new machines, Terri! I'm sure you will find the scant 1/4". Lots of modern machines have a foot for it, now. My Juki does.