Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 02-03-2018, 06:37 PM

TG, very nice butterfly block. Love those stars. Very creative.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:46 PM

Well we are a long ways from Alaska. We arrived in beautiful Playa de Carmen Mexico yesterday. Have seen many things that remind me of quilt patterns even the couch in our suite. To be truthful enjoying the sun and water is fantastic . Those of you in the south and west probably dob’r realize how lucky you are
Old 02-03-2018, 09:07 PM

Very nice, TG. He will love it.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Enjoy your tropical holiday, Terri! I’m in the South and still freezing! It’s been about 40 and windy outside and I can’t seem to get warm inside, either. I get really irritable from being cold. Just can’t take it anymore...

maybe you and the hubby ought to consider becoming snow birds.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:01 AM

We probably will some day Sewbiz. Plan is to hit the road in RV for a couple of years in the winter Once dh retires. He said we can go to any quilt store I want as long as there is a place to put it
Old 02-04-2018, 08:37 AM

Looks like I'm all caught up with your pix. Enjoy the gallery. This group's is beginning to fill out nicely now.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:46 AM

Thank you for the beautiful block JAba. I love the pattern and the pattern of the WOW fabric. It’s going to look beautiful in my mom’s quilt.

terriamn I appreciate my San Diego weather every day. Just yesterday John and I were discussing joys of life and the weather here topped the list. Tennis yesterday and biking today. Now if only we’d get more rain. We are sliding back into a drought.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
If my husband ever "surprised me w/ an afternoon of snowshoeing" I do no believe he would like my surprise for him!!!!!! lol lol lol But then again I would have to have been drugged and kidnapped to be in a place where snow shoes could be used.
Lol! I'm not too far behind you in my thinking Kass, however, even though the wind was howling, it was actually quite fun once we got tucked in the trees. I'm not sure its going to become a regular pastime, but I do enjoy being out in the fresh air.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:24 AM

Jaba! Wow, you've been busy. Beautiful blocks and I love the one for me. That is a really cool pattern, the lovely garden, is that from the 1000 blocks book? I don't think I've seen it. It looks equally awesome with MJP's fabric.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:19 AM

Humans never cease to amaze me (an not usually in a good way). When you think you have reached the depth of stupidity that is possible, there they go sinking to the challenge and making even more stupid ways to be, well ...... stupid!

The ER was radioing they needed a ring cutter. We were busy w/ a overdose (nearly od'ed to death, had to narcan him) so an extra medic took our ring cutter to the er. By the time we got our pt stable enough to take to the er, they were asking for pliers and other tools. Turns out they weren't trying to cut a ring, but a metal band, and it wasn't on this guy's finger. Now you would think the most stupid thing this guy could do is put a metal band w/o any release mechanism on any body part right????? Well see there you go making my same mistake of underestimating stupidity. .................................................. ........ It had been in place for .................................................. ............................. 3 days before he decided to go to the er. They did eventually get it off (the metal band) but it took full sized bolt cutters.