Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 02-08-2018, 10:17 PM

Libster, I love my block.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post

Sewbizgirl did you find any fabric you’d forgotten about, when you washed all that fabric?
Yes, some! Tonight I was trying to match it up for making pillow cases. I got ten cut.

Oh boy, the speech sounded terrific! And you got best speaker! It might have only been your third speech, but how many years have you been teaching fitness classes? Kind of like giving a speech, with choreography, LOL. After so many years of that, it’s not hard to speak to a crowd. Congrats!
Old 02-08-2018, 10:51 PM

Well we get an oral evaluation in front of the crowd and my evaluator told me I needed to be quieter. She told me I had been teaching seniors too long and I was a little too loud for this audience.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:10 AM

Well we get an oral evaluation in front of the crowd and my evaluator told me I needed to be quieter. She told me I had been teaching seniors too long and I was a little too loud for this audience.

Hey, just tell her that if she's very, very lucky, she might get to be one of those seniors one day! LOL We Boomers hang together! Quilt on! LOL
Old 02-09-2018, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Great block for Kass, Billi! (I pinned it too...) It's all 2" HSTs... yikes!

MJP, I meant to wish you well as Toastmaster, the last time I posted. I started typing and clean forgot! Do let us know how they liked your talk on our Boom swap. My local group here did one, because I talked about our QB Boom so much to them. I think it's the most fun and creative swap I've ever participated in.
Hey there are 4 2.5 squares in there . I broke it down in to quarters like this then put them together. For me it's easier than making rows and taking 6 long seams less chance of mistakes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588676[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ribon-stars-.jpg  
Old 02-09-2018, 03:30 AM

Great minds and all that, Billi. I had already drawn it out that way too. Making four 6 1/2" friendship stars will sure be easier for me than doing it by rows. I am certainly all for "easier"! Thanks for the pic.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:13 AM

Hola, have enjoyed looking at all the blocks. Checking them from my tablet which wasn’t Signed into quiltingboard b4 we left the states. Was hacked once before down here so I didn’t want to sign in giving out my password. Now on my I phone. Love all the blocks and so glad your speech went well MJP

We leave tomorrow late afternoon and so going to miss this little piece of paradise. Everyday bright and sunny with beautiful breeze. Temp in mid 80’s
Old 02-09-2018, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

An evaluation in front of the crowd??? Who would want to speak if you are going to get critiqued in public? And to criticize you for your volume? Not cool... The crack about teaching seniors was rude. It must have been one great speech if that's all she could come up with.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:14 AM

MJP, so glad your speech went so well. Public critique seems a bit harsh, but I guess if you know it going in???? AND if they do it in a kind way highlighting as much good (or more) as bad. I guess if the point is to improve everyone's public speaking ability, pointing out the good points and points of improvement would benefit everyone instead of just the speaker (if the critique had been in privet) That is how my speech class in school was, public critiquing, no one thought twice about it, just not as used to that as adults. lol

Terri, sooooooooo green w/ envy!!!!!!!!

Libster's block is on deck for me. It is / has been total improv, finished first step, now what am I going to do w/ those parts, execute idea, now how are they going together type thing. I have been having fun w/ it, and am pleased w/ where it is going.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:55 AM

Anticipation! I can't wait to see what you come up with. I know it will be over the top.