Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 01-16-2018, 03:43 PM

We are almost there! Looking forward to having some block fun.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:37 PM

Our usps packages are now officially overdue. Geez. Must be the weather.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:52 PM

Very possible, Janice. We have winter storm warnings posted here for tonight and tomorrow. Supposed to start as freezing rain and turn to snow before daylight in the morning. Yuck!! I made my obligatory grocery store run tonight. I'm having fresh oyster stew tomorrow.
Here's a tip for getting the ice off your car windows and car door lock when it's frozen. In a spray bottle, mix half water and half (at least 70%) rubbing alcohol. Spray it on and the ice melts right off for you. I've tried it and it works.
I have a hair appointment in the morning, but I have an idea that appt. is going to be missed. We shall see if UPS delivers my wide flannel backing I've ordered for my Boom 20 quilts. Stay safe and warm, Everyone.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=Janice McC;7983557]Mariposa, yours definitely went a bit of the long way around. It happens but no worries, it's in good order. Thank you.

Here is Mariposa's fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587139[/ATTACH]

And here's Annt59's
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587140[/ATTACH]

Not my best pix (ignore the fold lines) but they look like they'll be a lot of fun to work with.

Can you beleive a package delivered by usps on a holiday? Yeah!

I would like any colors that match the colors of the balls on the blue fabric. Thanks. Annt59
Old 01-16-2018, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Our usps packages are now officially overdue. Geez. Must be the weather.
Sorry, Janice... there's always something to worry about where USPS is concerned. I ordered two of the Around the Block books after Terri recommended them... from a Goodwill in CA, via Amazon. They both shipped from the same place, but they offered me no refund on shipping. I had to pay separate shipping on the two for $8. And for that did I even get Priority? No. They used something called UPS Innovations. It's been 8 days in transit and seems to be lost! UPS says they handed it off to USPS for local delivery last Saturday, and USPS says they have no info on it! I am so ticked off. At this rate, I'll have my boom fabric before those books show up.

Hey, on a happier note, I've had a book on the shelf for a while and finally decided to read it (I'm not a big fiction reader). It's called A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg. It was such a sweet and wonderful story! If any of you is looking for a nice little read, check it out. Libraries probably have it.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:13 PM

USPS said I would have two packages delivered before 8 pm tonight..Its now 9:12 and still no packages...go figure! And they dont update their tracking page very often! ugh..off to bed
Old 01-16-2018, 08:14 PM

Joan did your Fed Ex package arrive?

ahh looked up tracking number and it shows delivered

Last edited by terriamn; 01-16-2018 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:44 AM

Sewbiz, sorry to hear about your shipping issues. That stinks. This time, our F8s delays are probably due to the weather. Packages coming from the west are getting stalled but it looks like some progress was made last night. Woo hoo.

Anything Fanny Flagg is always a pleasure to read. My all time favorite of hers is Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. Belly laughed through a couple of passages. The movie was filmed not too far from here and we usually go down and have a plate of the tomatoes once or twice a year. Boy, they’re good.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:10 AM

Yep it came to work yesterday but I was at the eye doctor. I'm sitting looking at it now wishing I was home to play with it!! Thanks!
Old 01-17-2018, 07:14 AM

I have not read Fried Green Tomatoes, but I saw the movie, it is one of my all time favorites. When they kept showing the police man eating the BBQ and enjoying it so much, I thought for a second, "no they didn't" and thought to myself "you need to get a grip you watch to much Criminal Minds" then at the end you find out .............. They did!!! lol lol lol And I love the scene ............ "Face it I'm older and have more insurance" QUOTE=Janice McC;7984578]Sewbiz, sorry to hear about your shipping issues. That stinks. This time, our F8s delays are probably due to the weather. Packages coming from the west are getting stalled but it looks like some progress was made last night. Woo hoo.

Anything Fanny Flagg is always a pleasure to read. My all time favorite of hers is Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. Belly laughed through a couple of passages. The movie was filmed not too far from here and we usually go down and have a plate of the tomatoes once or twice a year. Boy, they’re good.[/QUOTE]