Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17* >

Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

Old 12-13-2017, 08:20 PM

My oh my talk about wonderful people. We have a neighborhood online group. At Thanksgiving they gave great recommendations on who had the best pies etc. I wrote in asking where I could buy the best tasting homemade cookies. My adult kids understand with Mom passing on Friday I don’t have the umph to do my traditional baking. But hate to disappoint the grand kids. A neighbor I have never met jumped in and asked if she could organize a handful of neighbors to make us homemade cookies. What a wonderful offer and I graciously accepted.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:33 PM

Terriamn: Sorry about your mom. This is such a difficult time for your famiily. It is wonderful to have great neighbors. You are blessed!
Old 12-13-2017, 08:42 PM

Terri that is so thoughtful of your neighbors.

Here is a pic of my fabric, but only half will get it, I need to figure out what else I will send.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585325[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0302.jpg  
Old 12-13-2017, 09:19 PM
Power Poster

Pretty fabric, Kass.... will be fun to create with.

Terri, your neighbors are wonderful. We all feel somewhat helpless when a friend is grieving. They are probably glad to have found a way to be supportive. Anyway, nothing beats home made cookies!

And hello, Ibex! Wish you could play with us, but your life is always so busy. Did you ever get the Mardi Gras quilt done?
Old 12-13-2017, 10:43 PM

Kass, very nice fabric.

I was wondering if we make all different blocks for everyone, or if we can make the same block a few times. I would think that depending on the fabric we recieve, we may have different block ideas; however, as a newbie, if I find a good block that I can make well, it would be cool to make it a few times.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by D.Henson View Post
Kass, very nice fabric.

I was wondering if we make all different blocks for everyone, or if we can make the same block a few times. I would think that depending on the fabric we recieve, we may have different block ideas; however, as a newbie, if I find a good block that I can make well, it would be cool to make it a few times.
i think my first swap I felt pressure (from myself) to make unique blocks for each fabric. Nearly drove myself insane. I now have a few favorite blocks, but I try to let the fabric tell me what it wants to be! Have a wonderful time.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
My oh my talk about wonderful people. We have a neighborhood online group. At Thanksgiving they gave great recommendations on who had the best pies etc. I wrote in asking where I could buy the best tasting homemade cookies. My adult kids understand with Mom passing on Friday I don’t have the umph to do my traditional baking. But hate to disappoint the grand kids. A neighbor I have never met jumped in and asked if she could organize a handful of neighbors to make us homemade cookies. What a wonderful offer and I graciously accepted.
A perfect consideration for neighbors of the year! ❤️
Old 12-14-2017, 03:23 AM

Pretty fabric, Kass.
Terri, you have wonderful neighbors. That's how things are supposed to be in a neighborhood. Bless them for being there for you.
D.Henson- You can make different blocks or just one for everybody if you wish. I think we all have our "signature" blocks that we throw in for special fabrics. Just have fun and enjoy! The fabric will talk to you.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:16 AM

So kind of you to say. . We'll be looking for you in the next one. In the meantime, please don't disappear. Stop in and say "hello".
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
I'm not surprised. Your leadership is awesome and the support this group gives one another is outstanding! Word is out.... everyone wants to play with the BOOMers!

Hi to all that I have met in here! I miss you and quilting but when things settle down, and my new job kicks in, I'll get to quilt again. BOOM 21 here I come! Stay healthy! Happy Chanukah and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-14-2017, 05:51 AM

Kass, pretty fabric. It's going to make a wonderful quilt!

Terri, what great neighbors you have. You are lucky to have them.

To all the newbies. You are going to love this group and be hooked! Boom 19 was my first one and had a blast! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. They made me feel like one of the gang right away. I am so bummed that I am unable to join in this one but I will definitely be in the next one!