Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17* >

Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

Old 12-12-2017, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by maudeflanagan View Post
Ok, I am convinced. I've sent my email to Janice. Now I need to choose a fabric. Is it ok to have more than one fabric?

How much is a good amount to have before dividing? This is really exciting

You can have more than one fabric if you wish. I usually start with about 4 yards of one fabric and then wash, dry , press, and then cut into F8s. Others use all different fabrics with a theme. Pop them into a small zip lock bag (Not the hard zipper kind) along with a note with your color preferences. Put your name on the outside of each F8 bag ( I do mine with a sticker with my board name) and you're good to go. Save those F8 bags when you get them to send the finished blocks back in. Welcome to our Boom family, we'll have you hooked in no time!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-12-2017 at 06:21 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 12-12-2017, 05:05 AM

Maudeflanagan, there aren't any obvious (or bad or silly) questions at all. Better to understand what you are getting into up front! Although I'm the host for the group, any Boomer who has been through a couple of rounds can generally answer any questions you have. I'm currently a bit behind in answering emails and reading posts but I should have a chance to catch up later today. Thank you so much for your interest in Boom 20.
Originally Posted by maudeflanagan View Post
I've never participated in a swap of this kind, so sorry if my question is obvious. Are there restrictions to what fabric the block maker adds to the fat eighth to complete the block? I've read the original post and gone through some of the other BOOM threads, and I didn't see anything mentioned. Of course, there are lots of beautiful blocks and quilts that kept me distracted...

Also, what are the differences between the 2 and 3 month groups? More blocks and more time to complete them?
Old 12-12-2017, 05:33 AM

Janice, I see that this group is super helpful already! I am already pinning 12.5" blocks on Pintrest to get prepared.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:16 AM

Default Important!

Boomers, let's be careful with "full word capitalization" on the QB. Even though most of us use it as emphasis, it's come to my attention that it's seen as shouting and it's use is against QB rules. I know that's not our intention, but I gather it's used by some in anger. I see where a few recent posts have been edited by admin because of it so let's try not to use it. Please use other editing tools at your disposal rather than the full caps. Thanks!
Old 12-12-2017, 10:05 AM

Last count, 10 for the 2 month group and 17 for the 3 month group. Seventeen in 2 days. Whoa.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:40 AM

Advice boomers: My BIL picked out some gorgeous fabric at a store in NY but there is only 1 1/2 yards. I went ahead and bought it because there wasn't anything close to what he wanted in the store. Any suggestions? Should I buy companion fabric to match?[/QUOTE]
It all depends on the pattern you are wanting to do. I would buy companion fabric so I would be able to have a size with enough fabric to fit the color theme of the quilt.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:41 AM

Hello everyone. I will be joining in the fun this time around. I need to have some fun so decided to do both swaps. Janice has me down already. Oh, to be 20 again with what I know already.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:57 AM

I've been lurking for awhile and decided I must join the fun. Will send email today.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:09 AM

Wow...that's excellent Janice! I have one group already cut and folded but need to decide on the 2nd group. Has anyone ever made a brown based quilt? I was thinking Id like a brown/beigh/cream one but cant find any fabric that jumps out at me. I also want another red/white/blue patriotic quilt. I'm waiting on the sashing for my animal print QAYG blocks, should be there tomorrow! Glad to see everyone wanting to sign up!!
Old 12-12-2017, 11:55 AM

MJP - can you post a picture of the fabric - maybe we have or know of something that will work with it.