Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17* >

Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

Boom 20 Sign-ups Open through 12/31/17*

Old 12-15-2017, 08:15 PM

Well, she who hesitates doesn’t get to play. �� It is just as well. My to do list is crazy long. 2018 is going to be a good year for babies in my little world and those baby quilts won’t make themselves. I will hang out on the sidelines and wait for 21.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:50 PM

mollymunchkin, there's still room in the 2 month list.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
mollymunchkin, there's still room in the 2 month list.
Yeah, we could help you make those baby quilts!

AnnieQuilts, think about the final layout of your quilt... Will you use sashing between the blocks? If so, what color? You may want to request that we don't use your sashing color, so the blocks don't 'melt' into it.
Old 12-16-2017, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
AnnieQuilts, think about the final layout of your quilt... Will you use sashing between the blocks? If so, what color? You may want to request that we don't use your sashing color, so the blocks don't 'melt' into it.
Thanks, Sewbiz! I'll have to think ahead this time. I haven't done a sampler in awhile, but it is one setting I like with sashing.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:50 AM

I hope you do join the 2 month Molly...we can help with baby quilts! Im off to the veterans cemetary with my grandkids to help lay wreaths on the tombstones. Wonderful way to honor our Missouri Veterans! AND a nice day!
Old 12-16-2017, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieQuilts View Post
Thanks, Sewbiz! I'll have to think ahead this time. I haven't done a sampler in awhile, but it is one setting I like with sashing.

I always ask for a unified background color so that all my blocks will play nicely together. In my avatar quilt from Boom 19, I ask for no prints, just tone on tones in a lighter shade than my F8 because I was using a darker shade for my sashing. I also ask for feminine blocks and I think everybody delivered. I love the way it came together.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:58 AM

Hi MM, have you considered the 2 month group? At this point, we have 13 people, that means 12 blocks. There's no guarantee we'll get more although I do hope we have at least a couple of more. Hope you'll consider it!
Originally Posted by mollymunchkin View Post
Well, she who hesitates doesn’t get to play. 😢 It is just as well. My to do list is crazy long. 2018 is going to be a good year for babies in my little world and those baby quilts won’t make themselves. I will hang out on the sidelines and wait for 21.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:09 PM

Hey Ladies! I have been watching and thinking.. and your discussion on Brown quilts has moved me over to YES! I have 2 yards of the 2009 In The Beginning Folklorica fabric from the one of the Wash state shop hops, that I have never done anything with.. That won't give me 20 F8s, so for now, the 2 month group is perfect size.. and, should more join, I will just find a companion fabric to send, or finish out some totally different fabric! It's all good, man!!
I also have the panel with 12 inch block to match the fabric so, the top will practically design it self!
I will be sending Janice my email now.. and I will post at least every other day!

Edit: Arrrrggg!!! I know now why I let the fabric sit... the panel with the large pieces, .. it was cut wrong, they shorted the ends... so.... out of the six design motif/panel pics, only three have the edges intact and are usable as true blocks.. However, waste not, want not, I can probably use some of the mis-cut pieces in some sort of applique on the top. I will figure it out! I will post pic of panels so you can see the "companion blocks" I will be using on the top too.. very cute stuff!
Attached Thumbnails boom20bluelady.jpg  

Last edited by Bluelady; 12-16-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 12-16-2017, 02:26 PM

Terriamn, so sorry to hear about your mother. I know this must be a very difficult and demanding time for you all. We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
Peace, for the holidays to you
Old 12-16-2017, 02:38 PM

Bluelady that is an awesome fabric, but even if that background is the brownest brown of all time, I don't see how you got from brown quilts to that fabric!!!!! lol lol lol