Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 09-05-2018, 02:35 AM

Janice is this the last boom until next year? Marija and I were talking about that.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:36 AM

That’s the current plan. I’m hoping Boom 22 will start signups sometime late this year and the actual swapping will start early next. I’ll post signups here as well as in a new thread so keep a lookout for them. As we get closer to my anticipated signup time, I’ll be posting here some advance notice. Frankly though, I’m just waiting to see how this one turns out. As we have a member who has completely disappeared, a big question mark hangs over this one for me.
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Janice is this the last boom until next year? Marija and I were talking about that.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:48 AM

TG, thanks for the humor.

Janice I think the bizarre circumstances on this swap is a cloud over everyone’s head. The wonder and the worry.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:53 AM

You said it, Terriamn. I’d guess those of us who’ve swapped with Billi for years, both in and outside of the Booms, are very surprised by this turn of events. We all know her to be utterly reliable.

Added: And I I hate to think that this overshadows the swap and all the beautiful blocks that have been made by everyone else. I really don’t want this to be the thing I remember most about 21 but I’m afraid it will be for some of us.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
TG, thanks for the humor.

Janice I think the bizarre circumstances on this swap is a cloud over everyone’s head. The wonder and the worry.

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-05-2018 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:04 PM

I talked to Audrey today and she said they are going to move her husband to outpatient status and put the cement in tomorrow. I don't understand why they cant do it while hes an inpatient.... She said shes overrun with quilts and guesses shes going to have to suck it up and learn how to do the quilting herself..said its always scared her! I told her that she can use the one quilt of mine she has to practice on because I didn't like the quilt anyway and wasn't going to even send it. I wouldn't care if she made mistkes on it. Wish I wasn't still working and didn't live almost 50 miles from her or Id love to learn how to use a long arm!! I hope I don't have to find another quilter but Im sure it wouldn't be hard, just not as inexpensive as Audrey is. I bet he never goes out to feed the fish again by himself! She was NOT happy with him.

As far as Billi..I don't know what to think. I know it has to be something major that happened for her not to contact one of the group. I hope its not an illness that has kept her from quilting...but Im sure that it HAS TO BE something major with her. Ive sent her a couple of messages and emailed her but no response. I don't know her facebook iD or Id try that, not even sure where she was moving. I hope you ALL know that if you don't hear from me or I don't respond that theres a major reason. Ill keep praying for her to contact us....
Old 09-05-2018, 12:39 PM

Joanelizbay, I’m sorry to hear about your Quilter. I do hope he regains his health in good time. What a thing to have happen.

Re:Billi, forget about Facebook. The account she’d been using for years is deleted. She did that weeks before she disappeared.

edired to add: i just called her cell again. And left a message. Again.

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-05-2018 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:35 PM

What we will recall about this boom is the wacky way it all started. Like my lost mail!!
But we will still be happy about the blocks we receive.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:43 PM

That’s right! There were actually three that went astray but yours certainly took the cake for wackiness. Where was it that Libster’s went? Puerto Rico? Yes, PR! For goodness sake. Me, I’ve only received a few of my yellow blocks but they’re gorgeous. I just started opening up all the packages, rooting around for mine right after checking that everything is there. Woo. Hoo. Thank you, TG, for a quick reminder of what this is all about.
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
What we will recall about this boom is the wacky way it all started. Like my lost mail!!
But we will still be happy about the blocks we receive.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

Yeah, isn’t it funny that the weirdest Boom is also the one with some of the most beautiful blocks we’ve ever seen! We are going to have some beautiful quilts from this Boom.

We are sitting out on our front porch in the dark. The power just went out so we are amusing ourselves listening to the night sounds out here in the woods and playing on our phones... Storm Gordon turned out to be a nothing burger here. It was a mess down on our gulf coast where it hit land, but we are 150 miles inland and only got a day of drizzle out of it. Not even any wind, which is great. Now it’s over and the power goes off! Probably a dead tree fell over with the ground so wet, and took a line with it. This is going to be an ‘early bedtime’ night.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
That’s right! There were actually three that went astray but yours certainly took the cake for wackiness. Where was it that Libster’s went? Puerto Rico? Yes, PR! For goodness sake. Me, I’ve only received a few of my yellow blocks but they’re gorgeous. I just started opening up all the packages, rooting around for mine right after checking that everything is there. Woo. Hoo. Thank you, TG, for a quick reminder of what this is all about.

Yep. mine did decide to go to PR without me! I had already forgotten that until I was reminded just now. They were only a few days late getting home.
I know there has to be a perfectly reasonable explanation for Billi's absence. Something drastic has had to happen, this is just not her! Whatever it is, I hope it gets worked out so that she's back with us soon. I really miss her bright chatter and she always makes gorgeous blocks.