Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 12-15-2018, 04:42 AM

Sewbiz, you've done a fabulous job with this project! Bless you for doing the final part of this saga for us all. Now, we can put it all behind us and start our Boom 22 with smiles and anticipation.
Terri, please let us know how your surgery goes. ((((((Hugs)))))), my friend.
Boomers, I love you all. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We have more blocks to make!
Old 12-15-2018, 05:27 AM

Standing ovation SBG for great job you did on that quilt!

Kass, sorry that you have been under the weather and hope you will be feeling much better soon.

Jaba, sorry to read about the loss of your daughter in laws mother. I have you on my mind frequently and hope you are feeling better.

Terri, great job on the cookies! Envious of you and your upcoming trip to Mexico, we went to Playa about 10 years ago and it was fabulous! The power of prayer with this group is strong, we will be there for you in prayer for your surgery.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

Thanks! Glad you like the quilt.

Terri, I’m envious of your Mexican beach trip... and will be praying your surgery goes great. Please remind us again closer to the time. I need to bake some Christmas cookies too... what kind do you make? I did manage to make some cream cheese stuffed celery, and some little quiches for a party today. Cookies will be next!

Jaba, sorry to hear that Myla’s other grandma passed away. Enjoy your days with her, as I’m sure you are! Do you have her brother too?
Old 12-15-2018, 06:34 AM

Now SBG, that's a fine name for the quilt! You did a beautiful job and I'm glad to see someone will receive it soon. No doubt they'll love it. Thank you for all your wonderful work.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:40 AM

SBG that quilt turned out great, I love how the blue just makes it pop.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

Thanks everyone. I was happy to make lemonaid out of lemons.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:13 AM

Sewbiz, you totally outdid yourself! The quilt is absolutely amazing, thank you SO much. It warms my heart to think of someone's joy when they receive it! Maybe we should start a new tradition and do this more often - planned of course, not due to the circumstances of this one!

Its been nice to get updates from everyone. I miss my friends!
Old 12-15-2018, 02:28 PM

I agree quilt is wonderful and you outdid yourself. Love the bright blue and your great quilting.

Cheesehead we will be going to a resort about 20 minutes from Playa.

Sewbiz I asked each family member what their favorite Christmas cookie was and I am baking only them and freezing immediately so NO COOKIES CROSS my lips. Mexican Wedding Cakes, Christmas macaroons, Hershey Kisses, plain Jane peanut butter bars, still need to make frosted sugar cookies, haystacks and chocolate crinkles. No peanut brittle, almond bark, 7 layer bars, mock toffee or fudge.�� Pumkin bread is made still have snickerdoodle and banana breads to make. Cutting drastically back is making my life simpler but keeping everyone else happy. Hubby will make spritz cookies and leftsa.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:27 PM

Hello to all. Didn’t fall off the edge of the world, just been hibernating. Too cold for me but this week has been a bit milder. My friend Joy got her quilt, finally, this week. It was supposed to be there Tuesday but they had no mail delivery until Thursday because of all the snow they got in Virginia. Her pkg was delivered after 9pm on Thursday.

She loved it and the fact that so many cared and made blocks for her. I added a few tea bags and some Christmas cookies but she left them on the table and one of her dogs ate the cookies. She said she was sad, I wrote back and told her not to worry nothing harmful in the cookies. She sent back she was sad because she wanted to eat the cookies. Haha. I’ll get her another batch on the way next week.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605372[/ATTACH]
I didn’t (forgot) take a pic of the back, it’s a pink velour type fabric.

Kass, your violets remind me that my mother bought me 50 from WalMart on my 50th birthday, almost 20 years ago. They were marked down and she was impulsive. They didn’t all make it but I had many for about 8 years. But grandkids kept popping up and then there was no time for violets. Yours is beautiful.

Thank you all for your wonderful blocks. I have the blue quilt done but no picture yet. Working on Christmas projects.

Love the blue Quilt, SewBiz. Gorgeous.
Attached Thumbnails a189e26b-7ca5-4cda-bb08-4419360caa41.jpeg  
Old 12-15-2018, 09:48 PM
Power Poster

Wow Terri, that is quite a cookie roster! Cool that your hubby helps with some. My mom used to make spritz cookies and I remember they were delicious. I inherited her spritz machine (the press thingy) but I’m not sure where it is hiding....

GramE, your delicate, feminine pink rose quilt came out so lovely. Love that setting and everyone’s blocks are great. I am sure your friend is blessed!