Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 05-08-2019, 04:31 AM

Mom is ok, just getting very old and increasingly forgetful and frail. She mostly needs somebody nearby at all times and that hinders my ability to do anything outside the house. It could be much worse, and probably will be one day soon. But we’re ok. Yesterday I was tired and feeling a bit blue that the swap was over. I’m always thrilled when it’s done and then quickly that turns to “now what?” Anyway, this morning I’m thinking of B23, Joan’s Blocks, my 9P top and I put together my first larger Dresden with the double wide template. Seems there is a lot to do between swaps. Also, prep for my guests next week. And I must put in a few more plants I’ve ignored since I bought them.

Blocks are winging their way to your homes. You’ll have them soon!
Old 05-08-2019, 10:25 AM

Very exciting! I won’t be there though but have DH waiting for the squishy package.

MJP, that table runner is so festive, perfect for breakfast outside.

Christine, it was a treat to see your azaleas and hear about the hybrid. I should check into availability here. Azaleas grow well in this area and I need more plants that do well in the shade.

Janice, I hope you enjoy your house company. I like how it changes the energy in the home with activity and conversations. I am also looking forward to B23. May your mom stay mobile as long as possible.

Kass, I too love cauliflower. I like it all different ways. The easiest for me as a quick lunch is cauliflower soup. Steam in broth, blend in the pot and presto, delicious creamy cauliflower soup.

My mom goes in for a shoulder repair tomorrow. It is a routine surgery but with her history, I am a little concerned. I came to Seattle to be a support for her and my brother. I will take her out for a late lunch today before she needs to fast.

I plan to be home Sunday and then I will get to see all the blocks in person.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:28 AM

These are the blocks I made for myself with my Later fabric. I finished Kora Lee's baby quilt last night. I like it.
Attached Thumbnails 101_1053-3-.jpg   101_1054-2-.jpg  
Old 05-09-2019, 07:24 AM

Beautiful quilts Libster. Look at all those stars! I’m learning how to piece stars for you Libster!

you folks have trained me. I wash all fabrics I buy as soon as I bring them home.
I do have some small precuts. I don’t use them in the boom quilts. I’ve heard steaming them with an iron will shrink them, especially batiks. Glad to hear Janice has watched that happen.

Its rained last night which is very unusual in May in San Diego. I’m playing tennis after the courts dry and quilting with friends afterwards. A perfect day.

Im supposed to go to NY to visit mom and the blue and white quilt we made her. Unfortunately my ears are acting up so I have to decide whether a plane ride is advisable. I’ll decide after work tomorrow. I have no problems that having a 26 year old body wouldn’t fix. Those young bodies are wasted on the young!
Old 05-09-2019, 07:43 AM

Hello Later! Just finished putting a few small plants in the front yard, mostly lantana. If I hit on even one perfect place, I’ll be happy. If they all take well, wowzer! I repotted a few small plants as well but didn’t get a few other larger plants in. I’m so indecisive as to where they’ll look best. I might bring them to the back. We’ll see.

Libster, Love the quilt!
DS, you said it perfectly, may mom stay mobile for as long as possible. Exactly my hopes. Hope your mom will recover quickly.
Mjp, one eardrum ruptured on my flight from SD to Portland, OR, bc I had a head cold. Definitely don’t fly if your (cold/congestion??) ear problems persist. Honestly just not worth it.
AnnieQuilts, I hope all will be well with your surgery today. May you both heal quickly and not have repeat the surgery ever again.
Jaba, hope you get your answers. How tiresome it must be for you not to feel well.

Blocks should begin arriving today. Don’t forget to email/pm me with your thoughts about the swap. We did have a few issues, mostly with seam width and block size but I hope overall you will be pleased. .

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-09-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful quilt, Libster! Is it QAYG? You have gotten so good at that, it's hard to tell...

AnnieQuilts, thinking of you today. Hope all goes well with your surgery.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:30 AM

Let us know Annie, how you are. Thinking of you today too.

Guess what hat showed up on the lunch table today? I told DH about the mashed cauliflower and he made it for lunch. I didn’t give him the recipe. He used sautéed garlic olive oil a little cream cheese, salt and pepper. and some water from when he steamed the cauliflower. It was good
Old 05-09-2019, 12:09 PM

Wow! Just Wow! I received my Boom blocks today and I am in awe of each and every block made for me. All I can say is the pictures posted do not do these blocks justice I appreciate everyone's hard work and love them all! Now I think I'll make a few additional blocks so I can enlarge this masterpiece of a quilt!

I hope everyone is as delighted with their blocks as I am Thank you, again!

Christine
Old 05-09-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Beautiful quilt, Libster! Is it QAYG? You have gotten so good at that, it's hard to tell...

AnnieQuilts, thinking of you today. Hope all goes well with your surgery.

It is QAYG. I love making them that way. It's so much easier and quicker for me.
Well, this time tomorrow I will be greatgramma again! Kim goes in at 8 am in the morning. She's getting Kora Lee out, one way or the other! LOL Now, I've got to package her quilt and the extra nursing pads up and get them on their way.
I got my blocks today. I haven't opened them yet, but I know I'll love every single one of them. I'll leave feedback after I get them opened. Thanks, Everybody, for making me a beautiful block. And, Janice, you know you are the best! We could not do this without you. ((((((Hugs))))))
Old 05-09-2019, 01:32 PM

Libster beautiful quilt. Love the colors you added.

Darcy Shannon how is your Mom doing?

Annie Quilts, hope your surgery went well and you are in recovery.

My blocks arrived but haven’T had time to look at them yet.

Went to Orange Quilters today and had a good day sewing. Think there were 10 of us, not the most healthy group this month. One lady fell and broke her leg in Norway about 6 weeks ago. She was walking pretty good with a cane, had my surgery 6 weeks ago and doing really well. Another gal had her hip replaced 3 weeks ago and one gal tripped going into her garage and knocked herself out. She by far looked the worse. Nasty black eye, one side of her face was yellow green, nose still swollen and cement rash on the other side of her face. We all had a good laugh and agreed things can only get better